Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Sightseer Vs Tiffin Allegro ?

I am considering a Winnebago Sightseer or a Tiffin Allegro.

I previously owned a Sightseer and we thought the Sightseer was a good coach.

The new Sightseers are a step or two above the 2004 Sightseer we owned.

The Allegro looks good on paper and Tiffin owners seem very brand loyal.

Thanks,
Old 12-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You probably can't go wrong with either. We've been really happy with our Sunova but Tiffin products would be on our very short list of alternatives. Take a look at the layout, exterior storage capacity, CCC and features and pick the one that suits you best.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Never owned a Winnebago so can't comment. We currently own an 07 Allegro. Do Tiffin products have warranty issues? Yes, like any other (although perhaps less than some?) But just to give you an idea as to why Tiffin owners are so loyal, let me give you a personal example. I sent a note to Tiffin, through their web site, about a problem I was having with a cracked dash panel. Next morning, 8AM sharp, the phone at my desk rang. It was Bob Tiffin, calling personally, to assure me that the problem would be taken care of, and it has been.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

What caused the dash to crack?
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I've never owned a Tiffin, but would not hesitate to buy one if it were the one we liked. Winnebago has been great in providing customer support both through telephone call to Owner Relations, and through emails. Even when we were beyond warranty and had an issue I felt was partly their responsibility, they listened to my reasoning and responded in ways that met or exceeded my expectations.

If we were buying a new coach tomorrow, Winnebago and Tiffin would be 2 of the top 3 (and probably only) brands we would be looking at.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Two-niner,

I suspect the crack was caused by a combination of materials used in it's manufactur and it's installation. As for the latter, I suspect the mounting screws were torqued down too tight. The cracks started under mounting screws that hold down the windshield defroster vents. I also suspect that the plastic was a bit too 'hard' for this purpose. It actually happened twice. The first time under the initial warranty period, the second well after. It was the second time that I wrote to Tiffin. We now have what is actually the third dash. It has a bit different feel and texture. It feels a bit softer and the surface is not as shiny as the originals and seems almost 'non-slip' in it's texture.

We'll see next year. The first two cracked within a year.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

When we were shopping I think the one downside I had with the Allegro we were comparing our MH to was the CCC was much less than the Sunova... I think it was because the Allegro had 1 or 2 extra slides more. Just something worth looking at, regardless of the coach.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmmw View Post
When we were shopping I think the one downside I had with the Allegro we were comparing our MH to was the CCC was much less than the Sunova... I think it was because the Allegro had 1 or 2 extra slides more. Just something worth looking at, regardless of the coach.
The generous CCC of the Sunova was one of the big factors in our purchase decision. Unfortunately the manufacturers don't give that info on their websites... probably because weight can vary depending on options installed. You have to do the detective work looking at actual units and ask the right questions. It would be really unfortunate to buy your dream rig and then find that you can't take your "stuff" with you!
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote