Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #1
Yonder

Window crank failures

My DP (2015 Itasca Ellipse 42qd) has the small awning windows under a fixed window. There is no lock. They open and close by turning a small hand crank.

If you crank them closed too tightly, the gears in the box (maybe they're nylon or plastic) seem to strip out. Then the window just flops. I have two secured with duct tape now.

Seems like a very poor design. Am I the only one with this problem? If not, would love to hear how others have coped. Sure, I guess I can buy new cranks but if I don't find a workaround I might as well buy them by the dozen.
Yonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window