Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

What Plugs Does My Inverter Power

Very newbie with a question. How can I tell which plugs are powered by my inverter?
Dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I'll confess that I didn't look to see if this is actually within my owner's manuals. However, when we were going down the road we had the inverter on so as our grandkids could watch a movie. My wife checked the outlets to see which ones she could use. So, that is how we were able to tell which ones were powered.

Al
Old 11-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Your wiring diagrams show what is downstream of the inverter.

I ASSUME its the triangled #5 "transfer switch" in your 110 volt diagrams. Page 6 and 7 show are the actual diagram, one for 30 map, one for 50 amp.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
CO Sunova Owner

I don't have an Adventurer. I have a Sunova but easy for you to tell what's on the inverter. But here's a way for any RV to determine which ones are on the inverter. Make sure your coach battery is switched on. Disconnect your shore power connection and generator off. Make sure your inverter is turned on. Just grab a radio or simple AC device that plugs into an AC socket and go around to every outlet in and outside your unit to see which ones are powered up. Typically it will be outlets that your entertainment equipment plugs into. But check them all. Then put an "inverter" label on them with a label maker so you always know which outlets are there when your battery is the only source of power. On mine, there is an hard to find one just behind the upper windshield on the passenger side.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tderonne View Post
Your wiring diagrams show what is downstream of the inverter.

I ASSUME its the triangled #5 "transfer switch" in your 110 volt diagrams. Page 6 and 7 show are the actual diagram, one for 30 map, one for 50 amp.
Thank you! I’m not electronic savvy, but I’ll take a look and see if I can make sense of it.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by navnaz View Post
I don't have an Adventurer. I have a Sunova but easy for you to tell what's on the inverter. But here's a way for any RV to determine which ones are on the inverter. Make sure your coach battery is switched on. Disconnect your shore power connection and generator off. Make sure your inverter is turned on. Just grab a radio or simple AC device that plugs into an AC socket and go around to every outlet in and outside your unit to see which ones are powered up. Typically it will be outlets that your entertainment equipment plugs into. But check them all. Then put an "inverter" label on them with a label maker so you always know which outlets are there when your battery is the only source of power. On mine, there is an hard to find one just behind the upper windshield on the passenger side.
Good idea. Thank you!
Old 11-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAspect View Post
I'll confess that I didn't look to see if this is actually within my owner's manuals. However, when we were going down the road we had the inverter on so as our grandkids could watch a movie. My wife checked the outlets to see which ones she could use. So, that is how we were able to tell which ones were powered.

Al
Simple and effective. I like it!!
Old 11-26-2019, 04:51 PM   #8
Site Team

In my 2017 Adventurer, which is a completely different version of Adventurer than yours, the inverter powers:
Fridge
Microwave
TVs
all plugs in the entertainment cabinet
plugs by the TV in the bedroom
one plug in the main bathroom
one plug in the half bath
the plug in the basement compartment where the inverter lives (in front of the RV door)
The plug under the bed to power the Rest Easy air mattress

There may be one of two other plugs that we haven't noticed yet. Like one or both of the plugs next to the bed.

We've found them mostly by simply trying various things with the inverter on and not connected to shore power or the generator.

I've never seen a list of the items available for my RV.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
In my 2017 Adventurer, which is a completely different version of Adventurer than yours, the inverter powers:
Fridge
Microwave
TVs
all plugs in the entertainment cabinet
plugs by the TV in the bedroom
one plug in the main bathroom
one plug in the half bath
the plug in the basement compartment where the inverter lives (in front of the RV door)
The plug under the bed to power the Rest Easy air mattress

There may be one of two other plugs that we haven't noticed yet. Like one or both of the plugs next to the bed.

We've found them mostly by simply trying various things with the inverter on and not connected to shore power or the generator.

I've never seen a list of the items available for my RV.
Thanks for the feedback. You’d think there would be some simple list.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #10
Veteran RV Owner

I just cranked the engine, powered up the inverter, and checked all the 110v plugs for power. Then, I put a label on each to flag the plugs powered up for future use on the road.
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis59 View Post
I just cranked the engine, powered up the inverter, and checked all the 110v plugs for power. Then, I put a label on each to flag the plugs powered up for future use on the road.
Simple, but effective. I like it. Thanks!
You would think that among the 13 manuals they gave me, one of them would have listed them.

Tags
inverter, power