Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2023, 12:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

What is this part called & is it available locally?

What is this part called? It is on a 2019 Sunstar 29ve

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230917_122727.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	187341

My guess is a Rear Roof End Cap Screw Cover?

I have one missing and another working loose. Is this available online or at some common stores locally?

I know I can call a Dealer when they open, but their minimum order limits and extravagant shipping just makes it a pain to use them. I try not to call WBGO directly unless really critical as to not bother them, they are otherwise very helpful so I try not to abuse.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 02:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
What is this part called? It is on a 2019 Sunstar 29ve

Attachment 187341

My guess is a Rear Roof End Cap Screw Cover?

I have one missing and another working loose. Is this available online or at some common stores locally?

I know I can call a Dealer when they open, but their minimum order limits and extravagant shipping just makes it a pain to use them. I try not to call WBGO directly unless really critical as to not bother them, they are otherwise very helpful so I try not to abuse.
Pic is a bit blurry, are you referring to these? https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...rs-367001.html
Old 09-17-2023, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Pic is a bit blurry, are you referring to these? https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...rs-367001.html

I knew not taking a Photography class would catch up with me sooner or later. I thought I could half step and wing it, but noooooooooo

I took a new picture and did my Quality Control this time. (It was Sun glare before)

It looks like my thread is 17 days behind someone else with same issue. I searched on Rear Roof Screw Cover but it returned seemingly every post / thread that had the word Rear or Roof or Screw or Cover

Anyway it seems like I have to go through a dealer. That is okay but I hate when the have to order minimum value and then excessive shipping costs. I remember once needing a $10 part and it was $75 total. I eventually found something similar on ebay for $4. Problem is they won't tell you what it is or a part number. The other problem is that Dealers seem irritated if you buy parts, they come to the phone or always call you back. Hopefully somebody will know what they are called. I need two of then and my coach is Tan.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230917_152546.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	187342  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-17-2023, 04:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Hello again! Looks like this is one I might find some light to share!!

Look this over for location to be sure I'm matching right and then maybe it is this part number? There appears to also be a screw part listed also?
A bunch of them all list the same!

Overall view for location?

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	187343

Zoomed in to get a part number? Click to read better!

Name:	cap screw.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	187344

Maybe like a plastic ring that the screw fits into and then a snapon cap to cover it?

Maybe like the covers on screws for some RV dash?

If guessing correctly, this might be somewhat generic and used in cars/trucks, etc. that might make them handier to find without shipping?
Maybe a Google with the part number alone gets less confusion that with the name??

EDIT: Found this discussion:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/cap...ws-438565.html
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 05:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Hello again! Looks like this is one I might find some light to share!!

Look this over for location to be sure I'm matching right and then maybe it is this part number? There appears to also be a screw part listed also?
A bunch of them all list the same!

Overall view for location?
Attachment 187343

Zoomed in to get a part number? Click to read better!
Attachment 187344

Maybe like a plastic ring that the screw fits into and then a snapon cap to cover it?

Maybe like the covers on screws for some RV dash?

If guessing correctly, this might be somewhat generic and used in cars/trucks, etc. that might make them handier to find without shipping?
Maybe a Google with the part number alone gets less confusion that with the name??

EDIT: Found this discussion:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/cap...ws-438565.html
This is what I am looking for and it should be the part number. I need to replace the two that are to the right of where you marked up in the drawing.

I have one that came out, but the tab that holds it is broken, the other is lost. I searched Amazon for the part number but I did not get anything. Since I have one, I can check a ACE hardware of Lowes. I hope you don't have to paint them Mine is tan.
Old 09-17-2023, 07:31 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

See this thread that has the name and part numbers: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/any...ed-624584.html

I can guarantee you won't find them at Ace. I searched everywhere for them before realizing they are a Winnebago product. There are hundreds, if not thousands of screw covers out there but none like those. They are actually a retainer and screw cover in one, the first part has a flange on it and fits down into a hole about 3/8", then you install the screw and as you tighten it down the flange holds the panel in place, then you snap the little manhole cover on.
They do come in several colors but they are also paintable. I have white ones on my shower panels and gray ones on my dash.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

So I called a local WBGO dealer this morning. Good thing I had a part number because they were lost with me calling it a Retainer Cover for a screw holding the End Cap on roof to rear wall. They are suppose to get back with me. He didn't know if it was something they stocked, but no call today. I remember needing about 24" of trim for my mirror and the Dealers want $800 They said they could only order in 8' sections and because of the size it was special order. WBGO bailed me out and shipped for free under what I call covid warranty

If it rains I will pull out the duct tape...
Old 09-24-2023, 08:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

We received the parts yesterday from Lichtsinn while out of town, wow that was fast. The local dealer never called back, so if they ever do I may sell them some of my spares IMO, since they knew I did not buy my RV from them they just gave me the ghost treatment. The irony is that the way they treat some WBGO owners you have to wonder how on earth do they think you may by from them in the future. I mean is the logic, you pay us more for the same RV, and we may actually let you buy parts from us

Anyway... my wife did not have that warm fuzzy look when I asked her about painting with fingernail polish. She then said she would have anything close to that color anyway. So I go out into the garage and sure enough I find an old can of Wal Mart spray paint that happened to be Almond color I have no idea of why I bought it years ago, but it worked perfectly

I will get around to mounting the two I need later this week.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230924_172443.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	187403   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230924_173825.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	187404  

Old 09-28-2023, 06:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
We received the parts yesterday from Lichtsinn while out of town, wow that was fast. The local dealer never called back, so if they ever do I may sell them some of my spares IMO, since they knew I did not buy my RV from them they just gave me the ghost treatment. The irony is that the way they treat some WBGO owners you have to wonder how on earth do they think you may by from them in the future. I mean is the logic, you pay us more for the same RV, and we may actually let you buy parts from us

Anyway... my wife did not have that warm fuzzy look when I asked her about painting with fingernail polish. She then said she would have anything close to that color anyway. So I go out into the garage and sure enough I find an old can of Wal Mart spray paint that happened to be Almond color I have no idea of why I bought it years ago, but it worked perfectly

I will get around to mounting the two I need later this week.
I keep everything, DW says if you don't have a need, throw it away. Sure enough, I threw some things away, the next week I needed one of what I threw away.
My kids can throw away whatever I leave behind.
BTW, I might need 2 of those, name a price; I need white.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 07:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I keep everything, DW says if you don't have a need, throw it away. Sure enough, I threw some things away, the next week I needed one of what I threw away.
My kids can throw away whatever I leave behind.
BTW, I might need 2 of those, name a price; I need white.
They came white, but I have spray painted all ten 10 to the tan color as pictured. See post #8.

Here is a picture of the new ones installed, the far right two are new. I am looking to replace them all. There is one hidden behind the camera. They UV or heat rot so expect them to fail after 4 or 5 years.

At Lichtsinn, they ended up costing $1.40 each including shipping with min order of 10. So $14 out the door and they shipped super fast.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20230928_195937.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	187432  
Old 09-28-2023, 07:17 PM   #11
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I found those at several RV stores. Apparently they are quite common, and go missing quite easily…
Old 09-29-2023, 06:12 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
That's how I do it too, I keep everything for about 10 years then I get rid of it about a week before I need it.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Truth be told, when I found the old spray can, the reason why I only sprayed a few was to see how the spray would come out and the look. It did fine, so when I tried to spray the balance no more spray would come out the can the can was full and the ball shaked like normal; so it was just my luck. So I pull the little nozzle off nothing odd so while putting it back on I got more sprayed painted tan than I bargained for I had to fight the can but I eventually got them all sprayed.

Tags
led