Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We pick up our new motorhome on Saturday. We really liked the ride on the new W24 chassis and my wife loves the extra room that the double living room slide gives us.
The only thing we are a little disappointed in is the fact that the awning has been made shorter so as not to come down and hit the top of the slide. I was wondering if it would be possible to have another awning installed to the rear of the coach next to the original.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Wife/Navigator
Lesstech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We pick up our new motorhome on Saturday. We really liked the ride on the new W24 chassis and my wife loves the extra room that the double living room slide gives us.
The only thing we are a little disappointed in is the fact that the awning has been made shorter so as not to come down and hit the top of the slide. I was wondering if it would be possible to have another awning installed to the rear of the coach next to the original.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Wife/Navigator
Old 02-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Lesstech
I took a look at the 38J on the Winnebago web site and it appears that the awning goes from the passangers side window clear back to the rear wheel well. I guess I don't quite understand your question. What do you mean by "shorter"?
Bill

Toad - GMC Envoy
bsmith8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Shorter in the fact that it comes over the slide but doesn't come down as close to the ground as the ones that have no slide. I'm a little worried that with the angle of the sun in summer we won't have as much shade.I just talked to Winnebago and they actually shortend
the material a bit and where our old coach the arms would come all the way down on the new one the arms stay a little in the up position so as not to have the awning touch the top of the slide.
My thinking was that I could have another smaller one installed towards the back of the coach that would come out as far as our old one.

1 Wife/Navigator
Old 02-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

When we ordered our present coach we ordered the electic awning. It does not come down as far as the manual one that we had on our previous MH. I bought a shade from Carefree that mounts to the awning roller and hangs down. Some time I just let it hang and some times I will stake it down. Even out at an angle. I actually roll the shade up in the awning when I put the awning up. It works fine.
Just an idea.
bill

Toad - GMC Envoy
Old 02-16-2005, 01:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

That's an idea Bill.
Thanks

1 Wife/Navigator
Old 02-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Lesstech
I meant to complement you on your great choice of dogs. The're great companions. One reason we got a coach with slides. They used to have to back down the asle and turn around underneath the dinnette. Now they can romp in the middle of the living room.
Bill

Toad - GMC Envoy