Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-20-2023, 10:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Replacing 1998 Brave SE Window Blinds

Team,
I've got this old Brave SE from 1998 and the screens are broken. Is there an easy way to replace these? Where does one get easy drop in replacements, this bothers me to no end to see them broken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230720_161040186.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	186698   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230720_161035803.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	186699  

lawks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

That's an are where my wife is a lot more informed tham me! She has some custom drapery background and tells me those are part of the "valance" and looking at parts info, that would seem to be a "valance left leg"!
But that is where things begin to go off center as we can't find the exact info for a brave SE for that year!
This is the parts catalog and one might find the correct part number in urtain and cushion listings:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

But one would have two problems with that , first being the correct ID of the RV and colors used!
Click image for larger version

Name:	brave.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	186700

The second and likely larger problem is the match of fabric and it being very uncertain of that still being availble for a 25 year old product! Would the existing fabric begin to match any new?

After speaking to my inhouse expert on fabric, her suggestion is to not even consider new to match old but think of redo on all the fabric!
I've built a number of valance for her work over they ears and it is pretty simple to cut out the wood and staple the new fabric to it.
Several thousand dollar valance have been built in my shop with pretty simple tools! Then el brackets to screw them to the wall and it may all be easier than trying to find the parts!

Custom drapery shops would build them but like mentioned we get paid pretty nicely for that custom work!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Looks like an accordion 'Day shade' that was later replaced by 'Day/Nite shades' in later years. My '02 has Day/Nite shades.

They are repairable and there are some links to repair parts at my ad free blog postings about my Day/Nite shades: Day/Nite Shades

Not sure what parts you need but most used to be readily available...at least they were before Covid.

The way they come down is there are 2 wood screws that screw into the Valance as your wife called it. They are hard to spot, you have to search up under the first layer of shade material.

If you need the entire shade, you can get Day/Nite shades at many vendors.

BTW, I 'repaired' my bedroom shade back in 2016 and just recently had to do it again when a cord frayed and broke. But the large living room shades, all three, have done great, still work fine 6-7 years later. Except for one time I had to repair it. Only had to tighten the cords on the two on the drivers side one or two times.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave, window