Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well folks, I've been gone from the site for a few months as we sold our Journey and began the search for a new coach. After looking at Super C's, and many other class A's we decided to get our new Vectra (2006) dealer demo from Diamond RV. It all boiled down to our experience with the service and reliability of our journey but we just wanted more space and a bit more "comfort".

The Vectra has just under 5000K miles and was never titled so we get the full warranty and the pleasure of knowing that the owner of the dealership worked out all the bugs.

Any advice of things to look for during the PDI from other vectra owners?

Good to be back on the forum.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well folks, I've been gone from the site for a few months as we sold our Journey and began the search for a new coach. After looking at Super C's, and many other class A's we decided to get our new Vectra (2006) dealer demo from Diamond RV. It all boiled down to our experience with the service and reliability of our journey but we just wanted more space and a bit more "comfort".

The Vectra has just under 5000K miles and was never titled so we get the full warranty and the pleasure of knowing that the owner of the dealership worked out all the bugs.

Any advice of things to look for during the PDI from other vectra owners?

Good to be back on the forum.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Suggest that you have them change the oil and all of the filters, including the Fuel filter. Also the filters on the transmission need to be changed at 5,000 miles. Good luck we have a Horizon and love it.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Good points thanks. The dealer has agreed to do all the service requirements

Tranny filter
change oil
generator service.
I will tell them about the air filter and also I am going to have them test the batteries when I am there.

I plan on spending the first night in the coach on their lot and then meet with a service tech the next morning to correct any issues before I get on the road.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jtharley:--snip--
I plan on spending the first night in the coach on their lot and then meet with a service tech the next morning to correct any issues before I get on the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Excellent plan - you won't be rushed and can take your time checking everything out. Don't forget to operate all of the awnings.

We really love our coach and hope you do as well!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Suggest you have them replace the air ride/brake coalescing (?) filter also. It's a tough one to do for the DIY'r.

Congrats on the new rig.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Suggest you double check the dealers work, they left my oil filter loose when they changed my oil. Good luck again you will love your new coach.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Well the jeep is packed and the DW decided to sit out this trip so I am going solo to Mass. to pick up the Vectra at Diamond RV tomorrow. Think I'm gonna go thru canada on the way there and then stay stateside on the way back for a different point of view......

Thanks for the suggestions......I have sent a list of items I wanted done and others things I will be looking at to the dealer with the hopes that thier PDI will be as thourough as mine. Spending the night in the coach on the dealer lot before heading back on Saturday.