Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
Proud “No Intent” Owner

No jacks at all-dead! 2018 Intent 26M

So we have the Lippert Level up hydraulic leveling system.

Parked in our driveway, I started the engine and the jacks down signal came on.

I noticed the front right jack was down about 2”.

Went to retract it and the system wouldn’t do anything.

Manually retracing or auto retracting, I can hear the solenoid at the pump “click”, but the jacks neither ego up nor down.

The fluid level appears normal.
No leaks on the ground anywhere.
Batteries are fully charged.
Parking brake is on

I’m stumped. Something is amiss. Faulty pressure sensing valve?

Anything come to the top of mind as to why the stopped working all of a sudden?

I’ve heard of a 200 amp fuse when I searched this forum, but I don’t see that anywhere in the Lippert manual…

Thanks for any help!
Old 09-30-2023, 10:40 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Wait, did I just stump the stars?
Old 10-01-2023, 03:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Is it possible that your main bus in-line fuse is tripped? I would expect that it's on the wall in your battery compartment.

Also, you might reset your controller. I think you push all 4 diamond-shaped directional buttons at once.

-Brian
Old 10-01-2023, 02:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would have to start with looking at whether it is an electrical problem that is keeping the signals from the control panel reaching the pump and solenoids or if it is then a mechanical problem keeping those signals from being translated into mechanical by opening/ closing the correct solenoids.

You've mentioned some sounds from solenoids clicking and that might mean the power is getting there----or not!
Does the pump turn on?
Using the brand and model number, are you able to find any indepth info on which wire feeds which solenoid and enough info on the solenoid locations to sort it down to a specific solenoid expected to get a signal and then open?

My thought is that it "might" be something as simple as a large, long connector on the back of the control may be backed off slightly. Nothing saying it is true, other than wishful thinking, perhaps?

But if you are able to find the correct info, one might be able to find if it is electrical problems getting the signal passed or mechanical problems with one or more solenoids not moving when they get that signal!

Maybe start with trying to spot anything odd about how the control lights and acts? Does it light? Does it show an alarm when the park brake is kicked off, etc. ?
Check for loose plugs on the control back or damaged cables down to the pump?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 04:50 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Thanks for your help.

Found the issue. Video link below shows more…

Ok, problem solved!

The video doesn’t tell it all…

The post on the pump in the video that had the lead on it, was getting 12v there. So at first I ASSUMED it was the pump that was bad.

But I was testing the pump at the lead connected to the post, NOT THE POST ITSELF. Calculating that the lead on the post must be in contact with the post it’s on, on passing through current, right?

No so.

There’s was just enough corrosion between the lead connected to the post and the post itself to drop all of the voltage, (e.g. too much resistance).

All the because the dealer used the wrong size nut! (See video).

FYI, I coated the terminals with dielectric grease to stop further corrosion..

https://vimeo.com/870114692/2d094948b2

Tags
jacks