Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #1
Site Team

New V8 in WBGO Gassers

I was looking at the new 2020 Adventurer brochure today online when I noticed the engine specification is the new V8 engine. I wonder if anyone here has purchased one of these V8 models yet and if so, can they provide any comments on the new engine's driving characteristics.

UPDATE! The online website info details the V8 engine chassis but the printed 2020 Adventurer brochure still shows a V-10 engined chassis. Sorry, I didn't notice this before.

Website link:
https://winnebago.com/models/product/adventurer
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Mom is getting a new 2020 Adventurer. She was told that Winnebago hasn't built anything on the new chassis yet. The first chassis were built in the middle of December. Winnebago is probably using up all their old chassis first. With this slowdown, it's going to be even longer than they planned until they use them up. I'm not holding my breath. (And she's not waiting for the new chassis.)

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
Site Team

I'm not surprised by this, Tim. But, with the brochure printed with the V8 and no mention of the V-10 I have to wonder about legal liability. I have always thought that printed factory brochure specifications were somewhat binding.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I have always thought that printed factory brochure specifications were somewhat binding.
I think they have disclaimers. For example on weights and heights they will mention that the actual weight and height can vary.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
Site Team

There was a thread on irv2 regarding testing the new V8 chassis. While the v-8 should be more economical I don't think the results showed that. I think mostly due to the transmission it was mated to in the test vehicle. I think the hope is that they move up to an 8-speed (or more) trans so the engine can work less at highway speeds.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
I think they have disclaimers. For example on weights and heights they will mention that the actual weight and height can vary.
Yes, they do. But not on the chassis' basic engine specifications. Perhaps I missed it. They listed two separate powertrain specs but the only difference was the power brake system. One was Hydro-Boost and the other Hydro-Max.

I'm totally wrong - it's the website that has the V8 specifications. The printed brochure only shows the V-10 engine chassis.

Tags
gas