Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-01-2019, 11:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New owners of a 2014 Journey 34B

We recently became the new owners of a 2014 Journey 34B. I am having a vey difficult time trying to understand and us the LCD information center. The instructions in the Freightliner book do nothing but confuse me. Does anyone know who makes this system, and are more understandable instructions available form them?
catsmeow3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I think Freightliner actually makes they system, and I agree, not real user friendly. I can't get past setting the date and time after it defaults to January 1 each time I shut off the battery switches, so I pretty much ignore it.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
To make it worse, Winnebago gets to choose features to include! They open out of the generator hours collection! Your best bet is to get into setup to change settings like date and time.
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2013 Journey 34B and I had issues figuring out the Freightliner LCD display also. I agree the manual made no sense. I finally figured it out and it's really pretty simple. I hope your coach is the same as mine. To navigate the display you use the joystick with four arrows on top which is to the immediate left of the mirror control switch. Pull the joystick back (toward rear of the coach) to change which line of the display is selected. I will refer to this as scrolling down. The selected item or line will be displayed inversely. Some lines can be scrolled horizontally once selected and contain several items. Move the joystick to the right (scroll right) to change the item shown on a line. When you first switch the ignition on, a checklist will appear in the display. Move the joystick to the left and it will disappear. Now you can scroll down to display whatever item or line you are interested in.

I wanted to be able to reset and display the trip odometer, mpg, etc. to do this, scroll down until a line is displayed with items preceded with the word "TODAY". Then as you scroll right in that line you will see AVSPD, IDLE TIME, DIST, TIME, FUEL, FUEL EC, all preceded by TODAY. To reset these items to zero, move the joystick to the left and a message will appear telling you to move it to the right and hold for three seconds. This will set all of the items on this line to zero. Then if you want to display for example DIST, which is the trip odometer while driving, scroll right until it is in view and leave it there. There are two display lines below the TODAY line which can be scrolled horizontally to display trip information also such as engine temp. Just get behind the wheel and turn the ignition on and start scrolling the LCD and discover what you want it to display while driving.
A few things to remember are that whatever is showing on the LCD display when the ignition is turned off, will be there when you turn it on. In other words you don't have to set the display to your liking every time the ignition is turned on. Also, your coach's odometer reading is accessed by scrolling the LCD display. Lastly, I don't bother with setting the date and time in the display. It will never be correct.
audriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes, it little tricky to learn the system, I have spent quite a bit of time siting in my rig, with boob, trying to figure it out, but Ok now. Mainly use the engine features (engine temp) and trip odometer features. I believe that there are YouTube videos on this, at least for the clock stuff. Also, the Camp Freightliner instructor had better instructions. It just takes some practice and trial / error.

Tags
journey