Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2021, 01:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Damage Storage Door

Good day,
I have a 2005 Voyage that I had in the shop to check a couple of items, while in the shop they damages the door to my water heater. It's been 2 months now and they keep telling me that they have ordered the door, but it was lost in shipment, that was a month ago, now they say they have ordered a new door and it will be a month before they get it in. Seems like a long time for the door. Anyone run into Winnebago not able to supply these types of parts in stock?

Thanks,
gjetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Strange. I've seen those doors in RV dealers showrooms. Maybe drive around your area stopping in anywhere they sell RV parts. Even boat shops sometimes carry RV parts. I once found an entire rear tail light assembly for a '94 Bounder in one. Mine was all rusted out.

Then of course it might be they're trying to order the door the same color as yours so they don't have to pay for painting it. That's likely what's going on. You could call some of the salvage yards on this list and check if they have your color in stock. Of course not all salvage yards will allow that or pretend they're too busy to check colors but many don't mind checking and pulling a part of a certain color. I assume you're able to take a digital picture of your RV and upload it to a salvage yard's email for color matching.

There are 3,000 or so salvage yards in the US, you might even be close to one. Then there are many car salvage yards that have scores of RVs sitting there but aren't on the RV salvage list so drive by them too, see what they have.

If you find one, demand the shop buy it and have it painted if need be.

Good luck.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, storage