Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
Biggun56

Bedroom slide

I have a 2015 42ft Tour and one side of the slide is not coming in. The bed is up. The locks are off. I’m sure it’s a safety switch or something, but don’t know how to find it.
Biggun56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

One of the most frequent problems in reading about problems is that we often don't get enough info to begin to sort the question.
There are actually lots of different models of things as well as options to consider.
Can you point out which model 2015 42 foot Tour you have as there are four differentmodels. Also which slide is giving the problem as one I looked at had four slides and each may have different methods of moving the slide.

One problem that is common is the motor on one side is not working, but first we need to know if the slide is using motors or hydraulic?

Sorry, more info needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tour.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	183060  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:53 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Look at the bed motors controller under the bed and see if the flashing light sequence gives some indication of what's happening (you'll need your manual and/or a light to read the chart on the face of the controller).

One 'trick' is to switch the motor wires on the controller and see if the non-functioning motor then operates - and the currently functioning motor does not. You only need to engage the slide switch briefly to hear / see the function. Helps with diagnostics.

If one motor is working and the other is not - the bed tilt 'switch' is not likely the culprit.

You can access the motors by removing the outside trim and sweeps - goal is to ensure the power wire has not come loose. And if needed you can disengage the bad motor and manually push the slide in while engaging the good motor (carefully).
Old 06-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Beds and slide controllers have been discussed many times on this forum. Richard with his infinite wisdom has pointed out some good info.

Slides with the Schwintek controllers need to be operated in accordance with the manual. Push the button to extend and retract and when the slide comes to a stop continue to hold the button for a minimum of 5 seconds. Never let one side come in more than 2 to 3 inches more than the other..or go out. Holding the button synchronizes the motors.

Now, push the little black button with an object that will fit 6 times and on the 7th time hold it in until the lights flash rapidly. Once the light is flashing go to the panel and use the normal button to try and bring the slide in or out. If you originally were bringing it in, try the out and vice versa. KEEP A GOOD EYE on the slide and if one side does not move STOP as you have overridden all safety for the slide by going into override and you can really break something.

All of this is in the manual. I have a tour 42qd and I will absolutely assume that Winnebago used the same systems for each model for that year. My 2015 is actually a 2014 build.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide