Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-04-2014, 06:53 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Not to defend the way Winnebago treated you, if you look closely at your manual it is recommended that you have the coach weighed after putting all of your stuff in it (setting the correct tire pressures) and aligned. The added weight changes the alignment, ride height and could change the required tire pressure.
I know. Are you saying that it is acceptable for it to be out of alignment with a significant pull at delivery?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Lets just admit it, the darn thing should be aligned when you buy the darn thing. I understand once you load it up that it may change, but coming from the factory the steering wheel should be straight and it should track straight down the road.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mo View Post
I know. Are you saying that it is acceptable for it to be out of alignment with a significant pull at delivery?
I know that there is some pull to the right on most Freightliner custom chassis. I have fought all 3 I have owned. But I must have been more asleep that I thought when I posted. If you had worked with FCCC they might have helped you. I can't be certain. I just don't understand what happened with you and the battle with Winne.

Many things leave the factory in less than optimal condition. Quality control is becoming an issue industry wide. The dealer is the one the factory is expecting to take care of the 'punch list' issues. If the dealer fails to do their job correctly Winne or whomever the manufacture is gets the blame. Sometimes they should. But most often it is the dealer who is incompetent or unwilling to do the right thing. In your case this sounds like the case.

It's too bad you have had this bad experience. Most of the time Winnebago in Forest City is great about resolving issues.

Form my experience with this coach, going to Gaffney, SC to Freightliner was a good thing to do. I feel more confidant that things are as they should be and that I am starting off with a rig in good maintenance order. We are new to it since May and had it serviced in October as I recall. We did the 30K chassis service even thought we only had around 20K at the time.

I wish you many happy trails and years of good RVing,
Rick
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I know that there is some pull to the right on most Freightliner custom chassis.
My Sightseer and all new Sunstars are on the Ford F53 chassis.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

My Sightseer and all new Sunstars are on the Ford F53 chassis.
Since Ford now makes the ONLY class A gas chassis, the same can be said for ALL the gasser models.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Since Ford now makes the ONLY class A gas chassis, the same can be said for ALL the gasser models.
I wasn't sure if Workhorse was completely out of the market or if Winnie had just dropped them, but, yes, it looks like Ford won the gasser crown.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I wasn't sure if Workhorse was completely out of the market or if Winnie had just dropped them, but, yes, it looks like Ford won the gasser crown.
"won" by default. Absent the 8.1L large gas motor and limited sales of their front diesel variant, Navistar closed WCC and later sold the "mothballed" company (and its assembly line facility in Union City, IN) to an electric vehicle producer called AMP. Apparently AMP has no interest in RVs.

AFAIK, FORD has a 100% market share for class A gasser chassis.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #28
Winnebago Watcher

So how did it go? Like the new 35F? Do tell... Photos as well!
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca