Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

2007 Journey Driver's Side Slideout

Hello once again I have a 2007 Journey 39K and the other day I was airing up tires and found a teflon wear pad and some shims that obviously came from the slideout as they were found on top of the basement storage compartment my question is where they go an how to get them back in their proper place thank you for any and all assistance
Chmielowiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Those go on either side of the large rectangular bars that push the slides out and in. If you look on the other bars, you should be able to see them on either side of any bar that hasn't lost them. They are used on the large front slides on both the driver's and passenger's side. Ours broke and had to be replaced a few years ago ('05 Itasca Horizon.) I don't know how to do the job, myself, though.
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ok thanks for the reply these aren't broken so hopefully I can figure out how to get them back in place
Old 05-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

A chunk of that material came out of mine a few months ago on my J39K. They are wear pads for the slide mechanisms. Research showed that HWH in Iowa (maker of the slide) can replace them easily and cost effectively. I have not done anything with mine yet. I may try to tackle myself when I replace all the leaking slide and jack HWH hydraulic hoses.

Jay
Old 05-20-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
2005 Itasca Horizon

I have a 2005 Itasca Horizon and I just had a similar experience. Found bits and pieces on top of the storage compartment. In checking the slide mechanism, I could tell it came from the bottom front weight bearing rectangular slide bar. I googled the problem and lots of information came up. From what I read, many DIYers have done the repair themselves. I'm going to give it a try. Others have written responses of taking to various repair sites and paying premium prices for the repair ($1000 and up!). One issue is the type of plastic or teflon or nylon that HWH uses. Apparently, this is a fairly common problem. In the 15 years I have owned my coach, this is the first such breakage. Follow this thread. It leads to a lot of discussion of this issue and has solutions:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/slid...s-44777-2.html
AcomaRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

This video may help relate what's written in this thread

Tom
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Success

I figured out where the wear pads and shims came from and found another set out of place. I managed to get everything back in its position with the help of a pry bar a little grease between the shims to stick them together and alot of patience thanks again to all that replied.

Tags
driver, journey, slide, slideout