Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-28-2022, 09:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 04 Sightseer, need advice, chewed fuel line can't find replacement!

Need advise. I have a Chevy Triton V10 engine. Went to start the rig (wasfine 2 weeks ago) but would not turn over then smelled gas - had a puddle under rig. Squirrel (?) chewed the fuel line that is on the driver side directly inline with the entrance steps. It's 12" with a quick connect near filter and other side is crimped.

Problems:
the schematics are showing a 21" line there.

Called Winnegebago they said part is no longer available and to call Ford. A local Ford dealer gave a part number told us to go to Napa. Napa had the part but it was a yard long with no connectors so went to Advance auto. Advance had a part that looked similar but was 18" and had a quick connect on both ends. Not being mechanics don't know if this line is under pressure.

Called RV dealers and they said they mostly deal with house and not chassie. Would appreciate any advice.
Christina
Old 08-28-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would look first at repair rather than replace and then let the parts folks tell me what I need. Can you clip a small part of this line out, take it to an auto parts store and ask what they have on hand to meet the purpose?

If it is plastic or rubber tube, there are likely parts for that purpose as it is a semi-common thing to get chewed.
Chipmunks/ground squirrels and around the engine are the ones I have heard about! They used to like to fill the air filter full of acorns before designs changed!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Christina, try posting your question in the Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum on iRV2.com. That is a sister website to this forum. Since your problem is specifically related to the Ford chassis, there are a lot of experts in that topic on that other forum. It would also help if you could take a photo of the part and post it with your question.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, advice, fuel, replace, replacement, sightseer