Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Sightseer Md. 29R - can't find fuse for Voyager rear view monitor

Looked all over; including Ford fuse panel docs. Is it an in-line fuse? Have checked under dash to no avail. Monitor appears to be missing the +12V supply. Is an in-line fuse connected to the ignition switch and "buried" somewhere? The monitor worked fine when I first got the coach (used); a month or so later it just quit...
Any help really appreciated!
- Gary
gchamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Did you happen to find this fuse? Ironically I have the exact same RV and my monitor has died also. I checked power at the supply and there is none. I checked all the fuses under the dash and all are good. According to Winnebago there is an in-line fuse on that unit. I was able to reach into the front side of the TV cabinet and checked the feed to the monitor as far as I could reach but no in-line fuse. My next step is to remove the TV for better access and check the driver side A-pillar as that is supposed to be where that wire is located.
divein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Fuse for rear camera monitor

Glad you found my post.

I did not find the fuse; but my favorite RV Repair shop did!
the in-line fuse was under the driver-side dash (NOT under the flip up cover). It had been pulled apart when I was replacing the old analog TV. (Got to be careful with those wires.) Monitor works fine now.
How the Tech got under there, I don’t know. I am a big guy, I don’t see how to get there. Anyway, there is a bundle of wires there that go up into the overhead.

BTW: keep an eye on the condition of your roof. I am having to either do major repairs, or replace roof entirely. In the shop now to find out. One-piece fiberglass roofs are supposed to be pretty good, but I hear roofs generally last about 10 years. Replacing the roof may mean a new rubber roof; do you know if they are OK?

Regards, Gary
gchamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info Gary. I actually found it yesterday after talking to Winnebago and after a lot of searching! It was right at the bottom of the A-pillar, under the dash, which sounds just like where yours was. I couldn't pull the wires either direction as they are ti-wrapped to something but I was able to reach in thru the dash opening and open the fuse holder with one hand. The fuse is bad but there's no way I can get a new fuse in there and close holder due to the crazy access. (why would they put an in-line fuse there?) Today my plan is to remove this at the plug near the fuse and splice some longer wires on so I can access this more easily in the future. Then I'll need to check out the monitor to see why the fuse blew in the first place. The monitor was working but not well as it had some weird lines on the picture on the last trip. Might be on its way out and due for replacement soon.

Sorry to hear about your roof, that just doesn't seem normal? What is wrong that would cause it to need replacement? I believe the fiberglass roof has a 10 year warranty and need for replacement should be very rare from what I've heard. They say to inspect the edge seems every 6 months to insure they are secure and water tight. I've heard of a couple cases (in forums) where wind can get under there and cause major problems, but if the edges are sealed good it should be fine. Last spring I dug out the caulk wherever loose along the sides and re-did it just to be on the safe side. The rest of the roof looks brand new, probably due to being kept in a shed for the first 9+ years by the original owner. In regards to rubber roofs, from what I've read, they are OK but not as good as fiberglass. Hopefully you can just keep what you have as a complete change seems like a huge process :(

Thanks again for your help on the fuse! Brant
divein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Had the same issue. I opened the dash covering directly above the monitor. The fuse is installed in the power feed to the monitor. I cut it out and connected it to the existing power feed a with enough wire that it is accessible beside the throttle pedal. Dumb place to install a fuse on Winnebago's part.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, sightseer, voyage