Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2022, 09:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tv upgrade on 2005 Vectra 40FD

Hello! I am new to this Motorhome world and was following advice on upgrading the tv in the living room in our 2005 Vectra 40FD. I was able to remove the old and put the new in place without too much trouble….that sucker was heavy!!
The problem I am having is with the sound. I reconnected everything as it was but can only raise and lower the sound on the tv speaker not on the built in system.

I am also looking for advice on how to get the power on the the lower compartment DVD player. I have power to the tv but the dvd is dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
200540FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:24 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Your surround sound system (River Park) is a fixed output amplifier. It is dependent upon the TV (or radio) to adjust the sound up and down. The problem is that your TV is sending a fixed sound level out to the surround. You didn't say how you hooked up the sound, but I suspect you just plugged the red/white RCA plugs into the back of your TV.

By default most TVs have fixed level sound out of those jacks, because they are assuming you are sending the sound to a separate system that has it's own volume control, which ours doesn't.

There are 3 fixes for this (increasing level of difficulty)...

1) Check your TV setup menu for the sound options, and see if you can change the sound ouput from "fixed" to "variable". Some TVs have this feature, some don't.

2) If that can't be done, try plugging your surround cables into the headphone jack, if your TV has one. That output is variable. You will probably have to buy an inexpensive adaptor cable to merge the red/white cables into a single headphone jack plug.

3) If all those fail, then your only final fix is surgery... you need to directly solder the red/white cables to the matching left/right speakers in the TV. This requires a fair bit of electrical skills and opening the TV, not for the casual consumer.

Good luck.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!! I believe you hit the nail on the head and I will opt for the second option you’ve suggested first as this tv does not have the fixed/variable sound option in the settings. I should have known that as we had it in a guest room in our home hooked up to a sound bar and had to connect it through the headphone jack in order to control the volume.. sure do appreciate your advice!! Cheers!
Old 09-16-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

QUOTE:
I am also looking for advice on how to get the power on the the lower compartment DVD player. I have power to the tv but the dvd is dead.

Unsure about the location and not familiar with your coach items but thought to send along some info on how the 110 AC gets to this portion of your TVs. I did not spot anything labeled front TV but they have away of naming things that the users may miss, so does this look like the correct TV for the problem?
Sorry, just ignore if totally wrong idea!

But this shows the path from the inverter breaker panel to these items.

The 1D3 and 1D5 are options you or may not have.

Click this snip to get a better view or go direct to this drawing if needed:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_150776.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	110 AC vectra.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	184160  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Just fyi, this old thread of mine shows how the 'direct to speaker' connection works: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 10:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sure appreciate this info!! Thank you so much.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Just fyi, this old thread of mine shows how the 'direct to speaker' connection works: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)
I was able to get them working. I’ll go have a look at what you posted now. I tried to comment on a few old posts but wasn’t successful as they are too old. Kinda like me lol
Old 09-17-2022, 11:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200540FD View Post
... I tried to comment on a few old posts but wasn’t successful as they are too old. Kinda like me lol
Just fyi, you should be able to comment on old posts--you just need to acknowledge the note at the bottom telling you it's an old post.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 01:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. I have so much to learn.

Tags
upgrade