Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It is understood that you’ve already stated you don’t feel comfortable doing DIY for this job.
I am just not handy with tools and I don't have the expertise to know how to go about doing something like installing a DC-DC charger. I am pretty sure that if I spent the time studying I could figure out how to do the actual install and, when I realized I had screwed it up, I would probably do a better job the second time, but that is not a good recommendation for my mechanical expertise.

When I was a kid I took everything apart and put them all back together. The only problem was that I always had parts left over after reassembly and I don't think they were just extra parts left around by the manufacturer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
A budget priced option with big results would be to use Group 31 100aH AGMs instead of lithium. This eliminates numbers 2 and 3 and changes number one to ~$650.

You would vastly increase your dry camping power supply for about $1200. Going to LiPo is ideal and if budget permits is the optimum way to go. But we can only do what we can only do.
This is the direction I am currently looking at. Interestingly enough it was the first decision I made when I thought I should upgrade the batteries and I only got side-tracked into looking at Lithium because of the idea of having 200AH or power, so I am going back to what I originally planned to do.

The issue now becomes finding a good 115AH AGM battery for the RV and making sure that the hanging battery storage area is strong enough to hold the extra weight. I think the pair of OEM batteries probably weighed about 90 pounds together and 2 115AH AGM batteries are probably about 130 pounds. I will need to make sure that the hanging straps are adequate for the added weight.

I had been looking at Fullriver 115AH AGM batteries but if there is a better choice I would appreciate knowing about it. Those Fullriver batteries are about $325/each.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery