Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-14-2023, 06:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Solar Gobbledegook 2022 Minnie 2327TB

Bought a 2022 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB in October 2022. Solar panel on roof, one wet deep cycle battery (i had the dealership where we bought it put on an extra battery for the trip described below). Had it out twice but at full hookup CGs.
On Sept 4th we landed in a primitive CG in upstate NY (we live in TENN) for what we thought would be a nice quiet 13 days on a lake. Right away the electric didn't work, batteries showed fully charged but entire trailer was dead.
One thing I did notice is the 2 batteries were 'cooking', boiling off water & I had to add distilled water.
I had a Honda 3000 generator with me, which when i plugged the camper in all the electric in the camper worked. Unfortunately, camp rules state generators can only be used for 2 hrs in the morn & 3 hrs in the late afternoon; once the generator was off, the camper was dead again. We lost all our food in the 12V 'frig.
Since we were 60 miles from any mid-sized city, we drove 20 miles to a point where we had cell service & made calls to the dealership & Winnebago with no help, basically we were told we're on our own until we could get to an 'authorized Winnebago repair facility'.
At that point we packed up with only 3 days of our vacation fulfilled and headed back to Tennessee. We have an appointment at the dealership on Oct 3rd; our warranty runs out Oct 13th.
This is the final straw of a lemon camper that's been into the shop 5 times sine Oct 2022. There's other issues that we've also listed with the dealership & hopefully will be repaired when it goes in.
I was led to believe Winnebago is one of the better manufacturers; this camper is a LEMON! We wish now we had kept our 2016 Flagstaff Super-V, no problems & an LP/Elec 'frig.
P.S. this isn't my first rodeo, we've been RV camping for 30 years, owned 2 popups, 2 Class A''s, a Class C, 5th wheel, and numerous tow behinds.
I'm at a loss as to why there continues to be no battery power, even now when it's parked in our driveway where the solar panel is in full sun. I hope the dealer can figure it out.
~Mac
MacAodha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mac,
So sorry you are having trouble.
Eagle5
Old 09-14-2023, 09:45 PM   #3
Site Team

I know that some of Winnebago travel trailers have a resettable master fuse at the front. But I don’t know if the Minnie also has such a fuse. If it does and if it tripped it would cause the issues you mentioned. And, if it does then you could reset the fuse in minutes and all would be back to normal.

I know the Micro Minnie travel trailers have this fuse. There are lots of posts here about this.

Here is a thread about this on Micro Minnie TTs. I don’t know if it applies to the Minnie line of TTs or not. Worth a try. Scroll down to see a photo of what you’re looking for. I know some models put those fuses in a small metal box, too.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ds-367061.html

Tags
solar, led