Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Oops. I didn't mean to do that ...

I had just had some work done on our RV electrical system and decided to synchronize the 100% setting on our Victron SmartShunt. I had done this several times before so I have no real excuse, but I accidentally pushed the Zero Current Calibration. They are, after all, right next to each other.

I suppose what that does is set the display to show 0 current whenever the current is at whatever the current showed when I accidentally pressed that button, but that is an assumption. In any case I now can't be sure that the current that is displayed is accurate. I tried to "undo" my mistake by waiting for the batteries to get to full, but of course I can't be sure that they were really full because the current probably didn't display properly.

I have thought about how to fix this problem and the only thing I can come up with is to remove the app and then reinstall it and go through the settings process again. Is there something else I can do?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
Site Team

Reset it to factory defaults.

Quote:
Reset to defaults
To set all settings back to default select “Reset to defaults”. Please note that this only resets all settings to their default values, the history is not reset.
Here's what your manual says about doing zero calibration:

Quote:
7.1.13 Zero current calibration
If the SmartShunt reads a non-zero current even when there is no load and the battery is not being charged, this option can be used to calibrate the zero reading. Ensure that there really is no current flowing into or out of the battery. Do this by disconnecting the cable between the load and the SmartShunt and press the “calibrate button” to perform a zero-current calibration.
I suppose instead of resetting the whole thing - you could disconnect the load cable and set the zero current calibration again.
Old 07-16-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Reset it to factory defaults.

Here's what your manual says about doing zero calibration:

I suppose instead of resetting the whole thing - you could disconnect the load cable and set the zero current calibration again.
Actually I did reset it to factory defaults, but it was not clear to me that that would properly set the Zero Current setting. I guess the best thing to do is to disconnect the load cable and that should be easy enough to do.

Thanks for reading the manual for me.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote