Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Major Electrical Short 2013 Itasca Navion

At the bottom of my coach 12 volt fuse panel are two 30 amp fuses. Both are blown. I attempted to put new in , blow as soon as you try. Seems to be a dead short , any ideas would be appreciated
Waterwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sorry, but the first step will be to look at exactly which fuses those are and what they feed. The drawings are sorted by year first, model and floor plan next.

to get to the corrrect set, we need to know which RV you have as the info you have on your profile, etc is not exact.
The info is here, so perhaps you can sort out which model, etc you have and we can sort the problem?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Another big point is to tell use what these fuses do or give us a really precise location for us to look at the drawings of the RV. Most RV will have more than one 12 volt panel as they are divided into auto and coach functions in many cases.
What is dead when these are blown? The normal automotive functions or RV coach functions like interior lights, vents, etc.? Any labels to ID these fuses?

Sorry, more info needed.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwell View Post
At the bottom of my coach 12 volt fuse panel are two 30 amp fuses. Both are blown. I attempted to put new in , blow as soon as you try. Seems to be a dead short , any ideas would be appreciated
I believe there are reverse polarity fuses in there, my Via has them, has anyone recently changed the house batteries?

Tags
electrical, itasca