Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2023, 06:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Looking for guidance - Minnie electrical

This is probably a stupid easy fix but I’m burnt out and looking for help.

I just brought my 2022 2225RL home from winter storage. On the way back it was inspected and passed by a PA RV mechanic. I kept the battery at home over the winter and had it on a trickle charger. It’s now hooked back up.

Now that I’m here the coach fan doesn’t run. The microwave also doesn’t have any power. The TV doesn’t seem to want to turn on either.

Is there a simple electrical fix I’m missing?
kjc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 07:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Simple? Depends on attitude!
But for a basic start, it does appear that you have two problems as you have trouble in the 12VDC system that should work off the battery and then also a problem with the 110AC which works off the cord.
When doing the work on an RV, a meter is almost a basic requirement as we do so much looking and testing on electrical stuff.
With a meter, I would choose either system and begin to look at what is wrong on that one system.
The 12Vdc for fans, lights and water pump might be a good place to start, so check the battery voltage right on the posts, to verify that it is at least 12 volts. Make sure the positive cable is on the positive post and then check with the probe on the cable itself, rather than the post. it should read the same as the post to verify there is a good clean connection. While ther, check the resistance from the negative post to some metal of the trailer like a screw or bolt, etc. It should be very low resistance if the ground or negative cable is making a good connection.
Then you will need to move along the wiring going from the battery to the load center and on to one of the things using that power, like a fan.
There are times when we would expect a fuse has blown or breaker tripped but that would not seem the problem as you have problem in two different sections!

Maybe worth a first look at them as it may solve one or the other?
Part of the trouble with trailer work is that there is far less info online for things and we can't pull up drawings to see where the wiring goes from one point to the next. That leaves us much more prone to having to hunt and peck to figure out where things are put!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical