Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2022, 06:22 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim202259KL View Post
The T-Mobile Home Internet looks interesting. Looks like they are rolling out a Lite version for the same monthly price with a data cap. Apparently there are bandwidth limitations for T-Mobile in some areas, and I suppose in time bandwidth in those areas will increase. I'll do some exploring on this. Thanks.

P.S. Yeah, there are two NFL teams in Penna. :-) Both have been around for a long time, and one season (during WW2) they merged into one called the Steagles. Before my time.
There is no cap on T Mobile Home Internet. If it is available in your area, you can order and it is free for one month.

There are no bandwidth limitation rather T mobile will tell you up front if your area is suitable for T Mobile Home Internet. If it is NOT; T Mobile will NOT sell you the service. A lot of people circumvent the rule and buy one anyway and move it to another address.

What I was saying about Houston, T mobile while they sell T Mobile phones there; they do not sell T Mobile Home Internet there. But then you get people like me, who take their Home Internet box with in RV and I have super connection to T mobile network. In Dallas I may get 90 mps every day, in Houston it may vary 5 mps - 40 mps just depends on others using it.

Technically T mobile could shut me down, but they don't because I am only there a few days. If I were to try to go a month or longer in an area where Home Internet is not suppose to be available, I think they would get wise.

The most meaningful immediate benefit to me with my RV
1. Buying Onan AGS EC-30
2. Buying AGM 125 ah SLR batteries
3. Buying T Mobile Home Internet

I promise, I would never own an RV with all of the above

Yes it was the Philadelphia Eagles. I remember Veterans Stadium and Three Rivers. I was in Pittsburg as a kid and remember seeing that Stadium, then I saw the rivers ( all three of them) !!! and I was like so that is why they call it Three Rivers Stadium I live in Dallas but I am a Indianapolis Colts fan
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:34 PM   #22
Jim202259KL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
There is no cap on T Mobile Home Internet. If it is available in your area, you can order and it is free for one month.

There are no bandwidth limitation rather T mobile will tell you up front if your area is suitable for T Mobile Home Internet. If it is NOT; T Mobile will NOT sell you the service. A lot of people circumvent the rule and buy one anyway and move it to another address.

What I was saying about Houston, T mobile while they sell T Mobile phones there; they do not sell T Mobile Home Internet there. But then you get people like me, who take their Home Internet box with in RV and I have super connection to T mobile network. In Dallas I may get 90 mps every day, in Houston it may vary 5 mps - 40 mps just depends on others using it.

Technically T mobile could shut me down, but they don't because I am only there a few days. If I were to try to go a month or longer in an area where Home Internet is not suppose to be available, I think they would get wise.

The most meaningful immediate benefit to me with my RV
1. Buying Onan AGS EC-30
2. Buying AGM 125 ah SLR batteries
3. Buying T Mobile Home Internet

I promise, I would never own an RV with all of the above

Yes it was the Philadelphia Eagles. I remember Veterans Stadium and Three Rivers. I was in Pittsburg as a kid and remember seeing that Stadium, then I saw the rivers ( all three of them) !!! and I was like so that is why they call it Three Rivers Stadium I live in Dallas but I am a Indianapolis Colts fan
Here's the article on what T-Mobile plans to do: "T-Mobile Makes Its Home Internet Open to Everyone, but With Data Limit Catch
Home Internet Lite will work anywhere T-Mobile has service -- but if you go over your data cap, prepare to be severely slowed down." at https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/t...a-limit-catch/ (published yesterday).

P.s., Veterans Stadium is long gone. Google "demolition of Veterans Stadium" !!
Jim202259KL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Here's the article on what T-Mobile plans to do: "T-Mobile Makes Its Home Internet Open to Everyone, but With Data Limit Catch
Home Internet Lite will work anywhere T-Mobile has service -- but if you go over your data cap, prepare to be severely slowed down." at https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/t...a-limit-catch/ (published yesterday).

P.s., Veterans Stadium is long gone. Google "demolition of Veterans Stadium" !!
That is actually good news!!!

1st what you just cited just got published yesterday.

There are lot of people I know that want the service but T mobile simple would not sell to them. My Mother is perfect example. My box works well at her house, but she can't get for her address Based on this article now she can . I need to check my actual max, I don't really care; because I still have Spectrum at home for Internet, and I only used the T Mobile when I travel. i.e I have security cameras and all kinds of stuff at home. My goal was to get internet when in RV, I assumed that is what your goal was. $50 and 100GB limit if it is not in you area is no brainer. In my case I have unlimited and full regular plan ( no Lite stuff for me). I am never gonna be on the road needing 100GB for a trip
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #24
Jim202259KL

Quote:
That is actually good news!!!

1st what you just cited just got published yesterday.

There are lot of people I know that want the service but T mobile simple would not sell to them. My Mother is perfect example. My box works well at her house, but she can't get for her address Based on this article now she can . I need to check my actual max, I don't really care; because I still have Spectrum at home for Internet, and I only used the T Mobile when I travel. i.e I have security cameras and all kinds of stuff at home. My goal was to get internet when in RV, I assumed that is what your goal was. $50 and 100GB limit if it is not in you area is no brainer. In my case I have unlimited and full regular plan ( no Lite stuff for me). I am never gonna be on the road needing 100GB for a trip
Yes, just came out yesterday. Definitely worth looking into for me, even for the house as a backup when the primary ISP goes down. Right now, I use my cell phone as a hotspot backup (ditto when I can't get good wifi on the road).
Old 08-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Yes, just came out yesterday. Definitely worth looking into for me, even for the house as a backup when the primary ISP goes down. Right now, I use my cell phone as a hotspot backup (ditto when I can't get good wifi on the road).

For kicks, I hooked it up in the house just to see how it worked. I had 4 bars and the speed was actually faster than spectrum and I had WiFi 6 at home. But at the time, I could not use my own router and the KVD21 box has limited functionality like opening ports,, static IP, turning off DHCP server etc. Everything subject to change but it is what saw. It made no difference to me, because I needed two systems, one for home and one for the road. It did motivate me to buy a new router for home to get the WiFi 6 which I did.

I pay $99.98/month for both systems and I have high speed internet 24/7 no matter where I go. I have not had a need to even consider satellite which is super expensive anyway.

But I digress, my only point is I believe if you try the free 30 day KVD21 box, you will get 3-4 bars doing absolutely nothing but being on T Mobile 5g network( maybe 5 bars if if T- Mobile in in the area. I use to have AT&T and when I left; I never looked back.

Optional Bonus Reading:

You were not kidding about Imploding Veteran Stadium. Nobody ask me if it was okay

What did they do?.... open up a large Philly Steak Shop

Old 08-10-2022, 08:19 PM   #26
Jim202259KL

Quote:
For kicks, I hooked it up in the house just to see how it worked. I had 4 bars and the speed was actually faster than spectrum and I had WiFi 6 at home. But at the time, I could not use my own router and the KVD21 box has limited functionality like opening ports,, static IP, turning off DHCP server etc. Everything subject to change but it is what saw. It made no difference to me, because I needed two systems, one for home and one for the road. It did motivate me to buy a new router for home to get the WiFi 6 which I did.

I pay $99.98/month for both systems and I have high speed internet 24/7 no matter where I go. I have not had a need to even consider satellite which is super expensive anyway.

But I digress, my only point is I believe if you try the free 30 day KVD21 box, you will get 3-4 bars doing absolutely nothing but being on T Mobile 5g network( maybe 5 bars if if T- Mobile in in the area. I use to have AT&T and when I left; I never looked back.

Optional Bonus Reading:

You were not kidding about Imploding Veteran Stadium. Nobody ask me if it was okay

What did they do?.... open up a large Philly Steak Shop

I will look into it.

One of my cousins who is an avid baseball fan actually is in the crowd watching the imposion. He said it was phenomenal.

There now is a parking lot where the stadium stood, providing parking for Citizens Bank Park (Phillies) and Lincoln Financia Field (Eagles) Combined with the demolition of the Spectrum and what is now the Wells Fargo Center (Flyers, 76ers), the sports complex has changed many times. (They didn't blow up the Spectrum, took it down piece by piece (I think because an implosion would damage nearby structures):

Tags
cell booster, install, travato