Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2024, 12:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

HWH 32235 or 91263 Leveling control box

I'm looking to replace my control box, but it's been discontinued by the manufacturer. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a recycling center I could try.
TIA
jefflbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 01:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just an FYI for anyone following this thread, I did find a few websites that from time to time gets in HWH parts.

www.Radwell.com is one of them.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If all else fails, try to buy a used one from RV parts and salvage yards by state

FWIW, HWH can rebuild your control box, give them a call.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
If all else fails, try to buy a used one from RV parts and salvage yards by state

FWIW, HWH can rebuild your control box, give them a call.
I'm not so sure mine can be rebuilt due the fact that the circuit board was fried at the power connection point. I repaired it myself. I have 2 issues, one jack will not extend and the air dump feature no longer works. I do have the correct voltage at the fuses and I've replaced the fuses even though they tested good. I would hate to send them my board only to have them tell me it's not repairable and not send it back.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Give HWH service a call and ask questions. the worst that can happen is they say they cannot rebuild your control box.
Also, call Stewarts Services, they are the largest HWH parts supplier other than the HWH factory.
On that list of RV salvage yards are the 2 largest in the U.S.A. Visone and Colaw . You'll need the AP number off your old control box and The model # of your leveling system, which is 325A Perhaps yhttps://www.hwhcorp.com/ml37640.pdfour year, make, model of MH too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-24-2024, 07:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I just read of another electronics/PCB repair shop, recommended in the FMCA magazine; https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/
Old 03-25-2024, 06:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

RAY, IN, ls right. Same thing happened to my 04 39K several years ago, box was fried for some reason. I contacted AZ PETE on the forum who is an outside rep for HWH and he said to call them and tell them you just want a "return authorization #" for a rebuild on a control box. He said then tend to turn those around fairly quickly. I did call, got the number and returned it. I think it was about 2 weeks and I had a newly rebuilt box sent to me. I don't remember the cost, but I didn't think it was outrageous.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

The thing about solid state and boards is that we often can't make the repairs. Several things get involved and one is just the simple idea of knowing what components are onboard and how they are connected, then there is the question of having the right equipment to work a board!
So when we have a bad board it is easy to see the folks who built it will have the info and the equipment as a start to repairing it.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 03:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Just an update that I've arranged for HWH to repair/rebuild my control box. They said that if it can't be repaired then they will build me another one. Why they just don't keep these in stock is beyond me............ But whatever, I've been dealing with this since Nov. I just want to get it fixed..........
Old 04-06-2024, 11:11 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

jefflbi, glad to hear it, that's what they did for me several years ago and it was a quick turnaround. I would think that since WGBO dropped them around 2011(??), they wouldn't keep a stock of replacements for that model. But, I'm glad it worked out for you.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:21 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorguy View Post
jefflbi, glad to hear it, that's what they did for me several years ago and it was a quick turnaround. I would think that since WGBO dropped them around 2011(??), they wouldn't keep a stock of replacements for that model. But, I'm glad it worked out for you.
Well I don't think my turnaround will be 2 weeks. They said it could take up to 6 weeks to get parts. And I believe this is going to be a complete rebuild.......
Old 04-08-2024, 09:12 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Jeff, IMO that's much better than rolling the dice on buying a used box.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:25 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Jeff, IMO that's much better than rolling the dice on buying a used box.
I couldn't even find a used one!! But yes, I agree. And if they wind up making me a new one it will probably be the replacement upgrade they came out with, which I heard was better than the original...............
Old 04-12-2024, 12:11 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Just a little update. HWH received my control box on Wednesday, 2 days ago, and it's already fixed and will be shipped out today!!! That's some turnaround. I'm shocked that they had the parts they needed in stock, especially the circuit board!!! They also replaced a few other things, some pigtail something or other. I'm sure I'll get a detailed list of what was replaced with the invoice. Cost without shipping is $800+. I'm guessing $900 give or take $25. That's fine with me, as long as everything works again.........
Old 04-15-2024, 03:17 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Final update!!!! Received my control box back in record time.......... 8 days!!!! They replaced the circuit board which they surprisingly had in stock and some dongle thing that I'm really not sure what that was, but I installed the box, started up the RV and let the air bags fill up, then shut it down and turned the leveling system and pressed the air dump button, and damn if the air didn't dump!!!! Then I tested all the jacks to make sure they all extended and retracted. They didn't really retract all that fast, seeing how I also replaced the shuttle valve, but the slides definitely extended and retracted faster. I'm happy. We can finally have a happy ending to this thread!!!
Old 04-15-2024, 06:13 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Reading the outcome is always satisfying, thanks for the conclusion.

Tags
leveling, hwh