Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I watched a 712 install video where the installer said the hardest part is installing the display in the RV and that he knew many people that didn’t bother trying. He suggested that you could just leave the display in a basement compartment. So that’s what I planned to do.

Now, this will save me $100 and the worry about protecting the monitor from the elements.
I went that extra mile and installed the Victron monitor in the coach right next to all of the other gauges. Small pain, but in the end, I look at it every time I’m nearby—out of sight out of mind was my theory, at least for me. Also have the Bluetooth app. The app is great, and offers a much more comprehensive and robust interaction and readout than the gauge that one has to scroll through the cryptic messages such as total Amp hour, etc.

I do like having both, because when I want to see the voltage of my starter and coach batteries, which I can do so at a glance, without having to fire up the app. That said, the app is way better for the “Devils in the details”.

One thing I’d add, I’ve only been successful paring the app to one device, my iPad. Trying to also see it on my iphone as well, it doesn’t appear to be able to sync with two devices, even if you’re not using them simultaneously, unless, I got something wrong, but I’ve tried many times...