Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Windshield Wiper issue

Driving north on Tuesday 3/24/15 we had many areas of drizzle. Using the single swipe mode I noticed that the drivers side wiper blade was going further left the more I used it. It got to the point that that it was going off the glass and hitting the metal shield. The passenger side remained operating in the normal condition.
We encountered a downpour at one point and using the wipers created more issues. The left side hung up on the metal shied and I heard a pop.The blade and arm stayed hung up on the shield and the right side returned to the parked position.
Checking out the wiper motor and arms I found the connecting rod for the left side had popped off the arm connector. Putting it back in place and running the wipers created the same condition.Removing the blade from the knurl fitting and repositioning the arm closer to the center did not correct the issue.
Can anyone offer hints that I can do to correct the position of the blade. The connecting rod is a presized piece and is not adjustable
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote