Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2023, 06:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista 29V 12v refrigerator Error #3?

We have a new Vista 29v with refrigerator issues. When not plugged in and only on 12v we are getting an error 3 notice and beeping alarm. Anyone else had to deal with this problem. Thank you in advance.
daveyjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:14 AM   #2
Site Team

What make and model is the fridge? Have you looked at the manufacturers website to find error #3, if so, can you tell us what it pertains to?

I looked online, but without knowing the make and model it's kind of a guessing game.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I fully agree with Creative on this as the different parts of an RV are not really a winnebago question but we need to move to the brand and model of the different parts used in the Rv.
When dealing with fring questions m the booklet that we may get with the rV is sometimes a start but there are many times when I find I need to move much further to get the troubleshooting help it requires.

Looking on the frig label is one way to get the specific brand and model number and then using that as a search will often turn up some really good info on step by step methods to go through finding what is wrong.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 04:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

2023 Vista 29V. The fridge is a Norcold, model number N10DCSSL. The error 3 code mean low voltage and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. It's under warranty but it takes 2 months for an authorized Winnebago dealer to even look at it.
daveyjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 10:22 AM   #5
ACB
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjoans View Post
2023 Vista 29V. The fridge is a Norcold, model number N10DCSSL. The error 3 code mean low voltage and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. It's under warranty but it takes 2 months for an authorized Winnebago dealer to even look at it.
We have a 2022 29V. When not plugged in the lead acid coach batteries could not handle the fridge for extended periods when not running the generator for a couple of hours at night. We got low voltage message too. We changed out to lithium batteries, added a second solar panel ( and a DC to DC charger-converter) and have no boondockibg issues at all. 10 days in coastal Oregon and zero issues, no generator required except for the occasional microwave. We’ve now used the coach and fridge for 18 months with the new battery setup.

Hope this helps
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 12:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

In rereading this issue, I would move from thinking of it as a frig problem and move to thinking of it as a battery issue. But that always has two parts to the question.
One is whether the supply is not up to the job or it the use too big for the batteries?

Are the batteries in good shape and are they getting fully charged? Got the water as needed?

There is also a small question of whether the alarm is actually what it says?

I would start with checking the battery supply to the frig when it goes into alarm. Is it up to spec or is it low and the alarm is corrrect? Voltage at the frig the same as at the batteries to show cables are not dirty?

If the batteries are the real cause of the alarm, I would look for what is going wrong with them by making sure they are getting fully charged by putting a charger on them or confirming that the onboard converter is getting 13 or so volts to charge them.

Maybe the converter is not getting that power to the batteries as the coach battery disconnect is off? Maybe it's not getting there because the cables are dirty/corroded?

But if the charge is there and you let them charge for 6-8 hours to get it fully done, then remove the charge as well as any load and wait 8 -10 hours to check the charge is actually being held by those batteries.
Look at batteries as storage. Is the barrel getting filled and does the barrel hold water or does it leak?

If this is good down to this point, you will have to start looking at what you can do to cut using too much power for the current setup!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator