Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2023, 05:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Vinyl Accent Stickers on my Journey

My 2007 Journey has a combination of paint and vinyl stickers. the base color is white and there is a brownish paint applied over the white that makes the white look like the swooshes, seen on many motor homes. Then on top of the brown there are three different color vinyl applications. At 16 years old some of the vinyl is starting to come loose at the edges,

Has anyone had any luck finding a vinyl or wrap shop to replace the old worn vinyl. It isn't imperative to replace it, but I cringe every time I wash the motor home trying to not make it worse.

Looking for some ideas, it it will help I can post pictures. Let me know.
Old 08-04-2023, 02:46 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Can not help on replacement. However I found and use McKees Vinyl restore product. It has helped with the ageing process and kept the vinyl looking good for its age. I try and put on twice a year

https://mckees37.com/collections/maxs-rv-care
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 01:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mine are starting to separate on the edges, they still look good, just coming loose.
Old 08-06-2023, 09:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Tim; Believe we've mentioned before that your rig is a dead ringer for ours, less a broad wine colored stripe along the cargo doors.

After being frustrated with those "swoop" and other decals deteriorating, and trying many suggested fixes, we finally (in 2017) used sweat and time to remove them and had a local auto paint shop paint them back on, then shoot the sides with clearcoat. We sprayed the front and rear caps ourselves with my HVLP gun. (figured the sides were more than we could handle.)

Not free, but cheaper than a wrap. And cheaper than what a local vinyl sign shop quoted to cut new decals for us. We did not replace or paint back on the big "W" decals on the quarter panels or the word "Journey" decal on the front and rear caps to save $$$$.

We love our rig, and are happy the paint scheme is uncommon and not as garish as many are.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey