Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-20-2024, 03:45 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Refrigerator door seal gasket replacement

Hi, I'm thinking the pics of moisture drops on the inside of the fridge are a good indication of bad gasket seals on the doors. So, if that's correct, has anyone ever replaced theirs and could provide any tips, video links and where they can be purchased. The fridge is a Norcold.

Also, is there any temporary fix, as we're out until mid March and I don't want to do the job while we're using it.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240118_061203-1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	188230   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240118_061219-1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	188231  

Old 01-21-2024, 03:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The door seal test is, close the door on a dollar bill. If it pulls out easily the seal is bad at that location.Continue all the way around the door to complete test.

Regrettably Norcold does not sell seperate door seals, when the seals have gone bad the entire $600 door must be replaced. However, for the time being, try washing them with soap n water.

When you get home, you can either use generic fridge door seals or what I did might help for a few years.
With fridge off wash seals thoroughly and dry with a hair dryer, as the seals get warm, gently pull to extend the folds then put cotton balls in the folds to hold it extended while it cools. That works for my Norcold 1200 LRIM for a few years each time. I've wondered about using 3/16" dowel rod instead of cotton balls but never tried them.

If a seal must be replaced, this is the only thing I found, but they have to be glued onto the door: https://www.amazon.com/SUPCO-GIDDS-6...ther+stripping

Finally, read this old irv2.com door seal thread: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/sour...ls-412632.html
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 03:19 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Ray, I'll check out the links. Since the gaskets are leaking on both sides, I won't be changing doors any time soon.

If I find out anything interesting that works for me, I'll post it.

Tags
ace, door, gas, refrigerator, replace, replacement, seal