Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Tricolor, Our ladder is factory installed with pop rivets. Stronger than screws into the fiberglass. There are aluminum plates molded on the inside surface of the fiberglass cap.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #22
Site Team

I called the factory when I bought my 26HE June 2012 and they told me not to install a ladder as the backing needed was not included in the 26HE. Maybe it's changed since then, but you may want to call Winnebago and check.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinyGuy View Post
Now that is what I expect my ladder should look like...
The ladder on our 2013 Adventurer looks the same as the picture posted by grharris. It looks like they installed the wrong top standoffs at the factory. It shouldn't be much of a problem to swap them out for the proper ones.

I'm beginning to think you were right when you said your coach must have been assembled by the B team.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Red face

I don't know if the backing illustrated on the shematics (that I received from Winnebago) is wood, steel or aluminum, I am not even sure that these drawings actually apply to the actual manufacturing process and assembly of my 2013 Vista.

MY MH is in storage untill May. When I have a chance, I will use a stud finder to confirm the backing location (if any) and determine then if I install with rivets or screws.

Untill then, I need to find out how to insert images/copies of the documents I refered to ???
Tricolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Rather than have an extra set of holes in the roof, it would make much more sense to me to cut longer stand offs and install those. Should fix the aesthetics with no new holes.
You might think that but the stand-offs are already too long in my opinion.. those ladders are very easy to remove...BY ACCIDENT if you are much heavier than 200 pounds... (I am 300+)

Which is why (And how) I removed mine...OH, I can make them support me easily enough

But the standard ladder I replaced 'em with...MUCH better.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Not going to disagree. When making that suggestions, I didn't know that the ladder in question was supported only by stand offs.

I can assure you that there are other designs that handle things a little differently at the bottom...

I'm over 300lbs, and use my rear ladder regularly when servicing the roof or installing/removing the cover. I carry a very sturdy (heavy) folding step ladder that's about the same height as the roof, but hate making the transition from that to the roof (or vice versa). As I do ALL my own service work, that transition would be necessary WAY more often than I would like. As such, my ladder will be remaining, and kept in top condition. -Al

Tags
install