Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear Ladder on 07 Adventurer

Greetings,

I wonder if I am the only person who finds the rear ladder on my 07 Adventurer rather awkward to use when trying to get down off the roof. The ladder is narrow to begin with and the steps are short(in depth). This makes it difficult to each my leg over the side and find that second from the top step with my foot - allowing me to shift my weight to the ladder for a descent. Maybe it is just me, but has anyone found a cure for this?

Thank You,

Irish Rover
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have the same problem. On my knees to the side of the ladder, I put my right foot on a tread (awkward, to say the least ) and with my left foot on the edge of the cap, holding on to the ladder with a death grip, I stand up and then I am able to put my left foot on the same tread as my other foot.
Every time I succeed in getting down alive and without major injury I celebrate by drinking a pitcher of margaritas. (Note: this should never be done before climbing on the roof).
Old 05-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I'm not sure how much if any they changed the ladder from '04 to '07, but I don't have any problems negotiating mine. I do get on my knees on the roof first though, I never try to get on the ladder from a standing position. Hope that helps.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Ditto ... this ladder is attached well, but like you state narrow and short of step. I use it rarely and then very carefully.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Darn Steps

Thanks for the support, though the pitcher of margaritas might be a bit much for this old man. It seems the top step is too high and the second step from the top just a tad too low. I can't get my foot to that second step and feel awkward starting from that top step. Death grip is right. I'll have to figure out a better way or else stay off that roof.

Irish Rover
IrishRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

roof ladder

Just a thought when I go on the roof I put my 8 foot step ladder next to the coach ladder and use both to carry my wash bucket & brush or tools up much better on the back and knees pretty much use the coach ladder as a grab rail.
fun 33V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Was thinking if the removeing of the top step would weaken the ladder, it sure would make it easier to get down from the roof ???
AUSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I don't have a ladder and don't want one If needed will go to the toy barn and fix it. too many friends have fallen off there roofs.
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I won't get on the roof. That's a job that I'll hire a young guy to do.