Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2023, 07:07 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Rear camera inoperative in 2015 Itasca Sunstar 35F

Morning, I just switched out all 3 of my batteries for new ones, and when the new ones were installed, the rear facing camera no longer works. The radio portion still works, but the camera icon indicates "off" and pushing it does nothing.

I've included a pic which may, or may not be of any value.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230909_083045.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	187217  
Old 09-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Wiring diagram for camera feed

Morich, (if you see this) I've looked through all of the Winnie 12 v. drawings I have and can't seem to locate the rear camera in them. Could you help me locate it?

I'd like to try and figure out if the camera is fused separately from the rest of the radio system.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2023, 02:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem when I replaced my batteries. The unit can accept different “triggers” when you put in R to tell it that it needs to turn on the cameras. When you reset power this sitting can get changed. Apologies in advance as our unit is at a campground and I’m home so I can’t be 100% sure this is the exact steps, but give this a shot:

Click the home button

Click on the syatem key to access the system settings

Touch the camera polarity settings.

It’s in here that does it. Yours is likely set to “off”. It will need to be on either “battery” or “ground”. (If you choose the wrong one the camera will be on all the time). I think it’s battery, but going from memory. If you click the wrong one and the camera stays on full time don’t panic, just redo the above and select the other setting. (You may need to touch the screen again to get back to the settings, I remember I chose the wrong one and panicked because I couldn’t figure out how to get back to change it, but it can be undone)

Hope that helps!
Old 09-11-2023, 01:59 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks, I'll check that out. Someone also told me about a reset button which, failing everything else, I may try.
Old 09-11-2023, 10:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm also coming up short on much real radio info. I did find one small point that may indicate the rear camera is on a seperate cable coming out of the radio?

This is assuming the early build date with serial number 7th digit being 1? might want to check the later build if 7th digit of 2 as it "might" be different but I suspect it is same.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ire_185238.pdf

Page 9 of "front end install drawings? They don't give us very much on the audio video items, even for seeing how they get power!
Click to see better!
Would this be some box like a small switcher that controls which camera to show when we turn or back? If there are plugs there, would we ba able to move cables from side mirror to swap with backup camera to see if the trouble follows like in a bad camera in back if it doesn't work when connected to one of the side ports but the side does when connected to the back port?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jb.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	187260  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 03:31 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Morich, thanks for the drawing, the wiring is as I expected it might be. Luckily, this time, it doesn't appear that I'll need to go into the dash to get to it.

BlastValve, thanks for the information. Between your information and 3 videos a friend sent me, I've solved the problem. It works as it should and will hopefully stay that way.

Essentially, I turned the radio on, went into settings > camera>polarity (I think) but you can choose between ground, battery and off. I just played with it until I got it the way I wanted.

Thanks to all for the help. I've help onto the videos for "next time."
Old 09-14-2023, 07:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

A possibility for suddenly-inoperable cameras (I suspect in my '97 Adventurer 34), mice chewed the wires to the camera in the ceiling. I'm routing a new set down through the basement front to rear (doubt I could pull a new set through the ceiling).

Tags
itasca, camera