Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #1

Oil leak at cooler line

We have a 2003 35U Adventurer. Noticed an oil puddle, and it seems to be coming from a small leak near where the lines run in to the radiator. It looks like (based on Winnebago Service Manuals) that it is a seal.
Has anyone replaced this animal, and is there something else that I should be doing at the same time?
Thanks ! All help is appreciated !
Rick
Click image for larger version

Name:	udLGDZKLRfmTFdZK%eJMxA.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	175396
RVRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well.... Yes and no. In a truck I mean, not a motorhome. That setup looks similar to the remote oil cooler lines on a 4.3 Vortec. On my truck, there was a metal washer in that area where your line is wet. Mine was up by the remote oil filter housing though. One bolt and off it came. Cleaned it up and back on the new one went.

Odd, usually its at the crimped area where it leaks. If this is the case, the old washer/gasket will be corroded a bit as its tin or something like it. You'll have to be careful to remove all of the old material. Hope this helps and I wish I had direct experience with what your talking about.

Edit.... I'm betting that the service recommendation would be to replace the lines. My experience is that the factory lines are better than what you can find aftermarket wise. I'd be tempted just to replace the gasket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71+jb-vliVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	175399  
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak