Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2023, 10:38 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Noisy manual stabilizer jacks? You may want to try red grease.

The following is my opinion and is based on my experience and my thought that others might find this useful.

First off, I need to thank Jim (Marine 359) for enlightening me to Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 B3600 Red Grease. Jim reported last year about using this grease to quite his WDH.

There are other brands of red grease but I can comment on their use since I have only used the Berkebile brand.

I had been looking for something to quiet the squeaks, squawks and rough running or jerking when raising and lowering my manual stabilizer jacks. The DW always made it a point to let me know how noisily they were.

I had tried lithium grease, regular automotive grease, oil, silicone etc. and nothing seem to last very long without needing reapplied.

It wasn’t until I tried this red grease that I found something that has lasted for me. I first applied it in May 22 to the jack screws and pivot points. To date, the stabilizer jacks still run smooth and quiet without the need for reapplication. Granted, I can't say I have been towing in a lot of rainy weather or unpaved roads which could hinder its longevity.

If you are having similar issues, you may want to give red grease a try.

If you have found another lubricant that works for you, I would be interested in hearing what it is.

(I have no affiliation or financial interest in the Berkebile Oil 2 + 2 company.)
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since the stabilizers are exposed to road dirt and grit, I would not use grease or oil on them Grease or oil and road grit combine to make a crude grinding compound.
I would use a molybdenum dry lube spray. It sprays on wet, the carrier dries, leaving a dry lubricant.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, manual