Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

need to find Kwikee step model

Hi all, I need to replace the step motor on my 04 Journey 36G. The owner's manual (#880) does not indicate a part # and the place for the owner to record the model and serial numbers was never filled in. The decal under the step with that info had been spray painted over by a previous owner and came off with the paint. The gear box metal housing is stamped with 151320, but that's as far as I can get. I'm thinking it's a series 32, but if anyone has a way for me to get the replacement part number, it would be greatly appreciated. The most common replacements do not have the same exact configuration.
Out N About is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

The parts catalog is here:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...04/4wkp36g.pdf

Look down to page 175 and see if that gives you the correct part and number for what you have. I always like to actually compare the drawings to what I have in hand as a check before committing!
As another thought, once you have the part number, you can do a search for that part number and may turn up it being sold online much better than dealers offer????

But do you feel lucky today?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That's what I needed, exactly. I'm going to save that PDF for whatever comes next. Thanks for the help!
Out N About is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Maybe a couple other sites that may come in handy at some point?

Plumbing
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

wiring:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

More info may be ignored easy enough but hard to find if we don't have it!
Good luck!
Old 06-30-2022, 09:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Let’s teach you how to fish:

1. Go to www.Winnebago.com
2. Click on Owners on the menu/ menu bar
3. Click on Owner’s Tools

Now you see a list of all the links to all the files that Richard has linked to. Now you know how to find the info you need.

Enjoy!
Ps. Image below is from my iPad, but it’s the same on a desktop computer or a smartphone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	716A29D7-F6B2-46CF-90F7-3799352433D7.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	183401  
Old 07-01-2022, 08:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Good to find the spot for ALL the info.
But? Have they already changed the site?

EDIT:
I found the path! Sorry but ittakes really clear instructions for us non-computer thinkers and I found the Owners app before finally looking under the red flag at the top right!

I used to complain to computer folks for calling that a "hamburger file " as most never knew where that meant!

What do we call it now? A flaming hamburger file?
Old 07-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I wouldn't call it a file at all - it's a "collapsed menu icon." But some folks do call it a "Hamburger" icon.

I mostly use a desktop computer and browser, so I don't see the mobile device icon usually, just a menubar with wording - but now WBGO has changed it to a large graphic button.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 10.46.16 AM.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	183405  
Old 07-01-2022, 12:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Okay, with a bit of play I've found my flaw!

On this machine with Win10 and desktop, I often have it enlarged as I use it for spotting much finer details like on the Winnebago drawings and I often do not hit the ctrl and - to reduce the size when done.

So that left me looking at the link you gave, but with the screen enlarged to a point where the owner link was not on my screen! That is snip one below!

But when I finally chased it down and reduced my screen back to 100%, the owner link shows!

Mystery solved!
Something about a blind hog and finding acorns, maybe!

Thanks for leading the blind!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	no1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	183410   Click image for larger version

Name:	no2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	183411  

Old 07-02-2022, 08:45 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I used to complain to computer folks for calling that a "hamburger file " as most never knew where that meant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I wouldn't call it a file at all - it's a "collapsed menu icon." But some folks do call it a "Hamburger" icon.

I mostly use a desktop computer and browser, so I don't see the mobile device icon usually, just a menubar with wording - but now WBGO has changed it to a large graphic button.
Some people (i.e. us at work on my job also call the Hamburger icon the Pancake Menu,

But like creative part I don't use my mobile so I have not seen the Pancake menu for Winnebago. I will say this to give credit to Winnebago, that sight has dramatically improved in past few years. They actually have the navigation as if they really want to use it. Some company's seemingly make it difficult to find information and/or call in hopes you just kind of go away. I can't say how lucky I was to have bought a Winnebago because I was not that smart to know what I needed to know to know who best to buy from. I hope that make sense.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:24 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Having my screen enlarged to show details on the drawings, I was not getting the owner tab, so found clicking what I had assumed was just a logo at the top right, I was then getting different screens than suggested.

First picture I added above did not show the owner tab but once I cut my screen down to more normal, it shows as he described.

What is really messy in the computerworld is there was never any agreement on many of the small points. Had there been some real agreement or regs to control what was being developed it would not be the chaos we now have.

I'm no doubt spoiledfrom having worked telephone work where the Bell System was the first and largestand with their own labs to develope things,so they set the standard for simple stuff like color codes forwiring and many of the things which made repair so much easier.

When we look at what we get in current deregulated stuff, cell phones can't even agree on what shape a USB should be. Logical repair of even the simple items is just not worthwhile so we have to buy new and throw much of it in the trash.

We're running out of copper, but still throwing most of it in the landfill.
Common sense is not very common when it comes to making money for the big companies!
Old 07-02-2022, 10:39 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I will say this to give credit to Winnebago, that sight has dramatically improved in past few years. They actually have the navigation as if they really want to use it.
Don't give WBGO too much credit.

When using a tablet to view the winnebago.com website you have to hold the tablet vertically (portrait mode). If you hold it horizontally it breaks many of the menus and this applies especially to the Owner's Resources section.

Also, there is no provision for viewing the "full" website on a tablet. Their javascript for reading device view port will ONLY permit the mobile version of the website to be displayed on a tablet.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:20 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Don't give WBGO too much credit.

When using a tablet to view the winnebago.com website you have to hold the tablet vertically (portrait mode). If you hold it horizontally it breaks many of the menus and this applies especially to the Owner's Resources section.

Also, there is no provision for viewing the "full" website on a tablet. Their javascript for reading device view port will ONLY permit the mobile version of the website to be displayed on a tablet.
Wow, we can't have that. I have put the brakes on my application to submit Winnebago for a Malcolm Baldridge Award
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:13 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I assume the 04 Journey uses the same motor as my 01 Horizon. As I recall the motor was an electric window motor off a Ford Taurus. I can look up the part number I ordered and send it tomorrow if you desire. I got mine off Amazon.

John
johnnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:03 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Just a fo)ow up. The step is the same on a 01 Horizon 36LD has the Winnebago part number 094708-03-01A. The motor part is 094707-02-700 with a Kwikee part 909520. Of course the part numbers change over the years. When I replaced the motor in 2019 the part number I got was 379147. I ordered it from Pacific RV parts.

John
johnnyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kwikee