Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2020, 03:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Missing slide tool. Source found

My wife and I bought our Voyage a little over a year ago and it was missing the bedroom slide emergency retract tool kit. I didn't think this would be too difficult to locate being a Winnebago. As it turned out it was.

Everywhere I searched turned up goose eggs. I even called Lichtsinn and checked on various salvage yards. I searched the RV web sites and found a few other folks on occasion had his problem too.

I kept pounding the keys to no avail and out of frustration just keyed in the specific Winnebago part #140464-03-000 on the browser. To my surprise the part showed up on a small web site. It said they had 40 in stock! These are made by Trusty Products for PowerGear. PowerGear part #1221713.

This seemed just a little too good to be true, but throwing caution to the wind I placed my order. I waited for the shipment to arrive before posting this response just to be sure.

The kit arrived via USPS in three business days. The order was packaged very well and included all three tools.

The kit was even on sale marked down from $17.95 to $12.95. Shipping was $10.71.

I hope this helps somebody else.

rvandmarine.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	173272  
Old 04-16-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Thanks. [moderator edit] I’m anticipating what may go wrong, and adding to our war chest in the event of an emergency...
Old 04-17-2020, 06:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You're welcome Wyatt. I just wonder how many folks are out there that don't have one in their tool bag. I think it's kind of a hinky design but for those of us that may need the kit we better be prepared for that eventual day.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Vita 24P

I own a Vita Class C with very large slide, 2020, Does anybody know if this is the correct tool for my slide?
Old 04-17-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

While I am not familiar with your RV the specific tools for your slides will be found in the owners manual and the detailed floor plan listing every part used on your specific vehicle. These manuals will be available online. The owners manual should be kept in you RV so you should already have a copy.

I sorta doubt this particular tool kit is used on newer RV's.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

Never saw in our manual 2004 35U and I have no idea if it would work on Hydro slides Ron
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmantwo View Post
Never saw in our manual 2004 35U and I have no idea if it would work on Hydro slides Ron

One the old 35U there is a boat strap winch that has a flat hook that goes over the edge of the entry stairs that you attach to a strap under to sofa to crank the living room slide in with while the bedroom slide you can just push in by hand if the hydraulics fail. You may need to manually open the valves with an Allen wrench first and its all covered on the manuals found in the black bag.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #8
VFW Post 8639 Okolona Ken

I have the one for the front slide. Was thinking I missed something. Good to know about the slide in the bedroom slide It comes in a little each day by its self Ron
tallmantwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:09 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks!
I have been looking for one of those. I was going to fab something up on my own by using a grinder to cut a notch into a deepwell socket.

Have you tried it out? I don't recall if the original had a ratcheting box end wrench like that or not. Of course we never got one with our '06 Sightseer 29R, si I'm just not sure.

ETA - just ordered. Now I'll wait and see if it's what I needed, but I'm pretty sure it is. It looks like what is shown in the parts breakdown for our 29R.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCreek View Post
Thanks!
I have been looking for one of those. I was going to fab something up on my own by using a grinder to cut a notch into a deepwell socket.

Have you tried it out? I don't recall if the original had a ratcheting box end wrench like that or not. Of course we never got one with our '06 Sightseer 29R, si I'm just not sure.

ETA - just ordered. Now I'll wait and see if it's what I needed, but I'm pretty sure it is. It looks like what is shown in the parts breakdown for our 29R.
You're welcome. The ratchet is needed if yours uses the deep socket kit. I have not used mine but I can tell it's what I needed and the parts drawing Bill of Materials defined the kit. The parts drawing only shows one socket extension but you need the three tools.

I was going to fab something like you mentioned and then found the tool kit. Made my day since most of my things are in storage out of state and I'm not in the mood lately to take on more projects.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Wow! Thanks for your Perseverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsail View Post
My wife and I bought our Voyage a little over a year ago and it was missing the bedroom slide emergency retract tool kit. I didn't think this would be too difficult to locate being a Winnebago. As it turned out it was.

Everywhere I searched turned up goose eggs. I even called Lichtsinn and checked on various salvage yards. I searched the RV web sites and found a few other folks on occasion had his problem too.

I kept pounding the keys to no avail and out of frustration just keyed in the specific Winnebago part #140464-03-000 on the browser. To my surprise the part showed up on a small web site. It said they had 40 in stock! These are made by Trusty Products for PowerGear. PowerGear part #1221713.

This seemed just a little too good to be true, but throwing caution to the wind I placed my order. I waited for the shipment to arrive before posting this response just to be sure.

The kit arrived via USPS in three business days. The order was packaged very well and included all three tools.

The kit was even on sale marked down from $17.95 to $12.95. Shipping was $10.71.

I hope this helps somebody else.

rvandmarine.com
WOW! I have been looking for the RV slideout ratchet wrench kit going on 5 years now for my 2005 Itasca Sunova!!! I can't tell you thank you enough....never needed it yet but at least now we wont be stranded waiting for help with getting our slideout manually back in. Mucho Gracias!!!!
BVGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

BVGray, this is very cool that we found these. I cannot imagine needing to move the RV and being stuck due to a slide.

Thank you for the nice comment.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Thanks again for posting the link.
Very helpful information!
Luckily we have a covered RV pad on-property where we keep our motor home. I plan to test fit the devices when they arrive.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #14
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
I own a Vita Class C with very large slide, 2020, Does anybody know if this is the correct tool for my slide?
Not likely to work with your slide. The Vita probably comes with the LCI/schwintek hardware. There is good information in the Winnebago owners manual how to operate the slide manually. With schwintek system you can usually push the slide back in/out.

Bobby
Old 04-23-2020, 06:46 PM   #15
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsail View Post
BVGray, this is very cool that we found these. I cannot imagine needing to move the RV and being stuck due to a slide.

Thank you for the nice comment.
Yeah, especially in a forest fire...
Old 04-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Yeah, especially in a forest fire...
Ewww, good point.

I'll throw in a tornado. We just got pounded again here in the Panahandle of Florida. We are still living in our front yard in the Winnie while we finish up home repairs from Hurricane Michael about a year and a half ago. It rocked our big box (RV) with 60 mph gusts about 3 hours ago. The tornado missed us by about 4 miles.

Tags
slide