Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Loud rattle under fridge

Hi everyone. Just joined. We bought a 2008 Winn Adventurer 35A. Love it. Took it on only one trip so far. Zion, Brice, 4 Corners, Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon. We've only got one problem. After the engine is warmed up. and with a cross wind, there is a LOUD rattle coming from under the 4 door frig. Lioke metal on metal or loose exhaust. Any help out there?
becken63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I am happy to welcome you aboard, but can't help too much with your rattle problem. You could probably get your answer in the Winn specific threads.
David Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Becken63,

Welcome to the forum. Just keep asking and someone will be able to help. Try the vintage rig forum too, lots of knowledgeable people there about older rigs.

Good luck and enjoy! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

:welcome:
We are glad you joined us. Congratulations on the purchase of your 2008 Winnebago Adventure. In regard to your rattle you might consider calling the Winnebago customer help number at 800-537-1885. Have your serial number handy. They have been very helpful to me on numerous occasions. When you locate and fix the rattle report back to the Winnebago Owners Forum as we all learn from each other. It is this gathering of information that makes this site so valuable to us. The Winnebago Owners Forum will be a great resource for you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Good luck with a solution.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sounds like you better let that fridge installation guy out from under the fridge!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum.

You might check the refer's roof vent since it only happens when you have a strong cross wind. I'd check to see if part of it is coming loose and the wind is causing it to rattle and you here it there.

You might also check the exterior access door and the heat pipe for being loose and that the increase in air flow due to the increase in vaccuum (x-wind over roof vent) is making a loose part to rattle.

I guess what I'm saying is check these items for being loose. Good luck, hope you find it.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by becken63 View Post
Hi everyone. Just joined. We bought a 2008 Winn Adventurer 35A. Love it. Took it on only one trip so far. Zion, Brice, 4 Corners, Monument Valley, and Grand Canyon. We've only got one problem. After the engine is warmed up. and with a cross wind, there is a LOUD rattle coming from under the 4 door frig. Lioke metal on metal or loose exhaust. Any help out there?
Welcome! Good luck with finding your rattle. I'm sure that someone will have an idea of what's going on.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Also Mayor of Rembrandt for about 30 yrs. Also Fire Chief. I have Roadmaster tow unit w/ Saturn VUE angled hook up. Not Vue tubes, only bolt on to Roadmaster part. I have GMC will sell cheap Ken
becken63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by becken63 View Post

Glad you found us. Please post your signature. This can be done through the USER CP (Control Panel). This helps us to help you more easily. As others have suggested, post your question on the Winnebago "Owners Forum" found under that heading. Here is the direct link: Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

Do you have a access door on the outside behind the frig? It might be worth a look see.

Happy new year and many happy trails.

Rick Y
Old 01-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Loud rattle under fridge...

I assume your fridge is one of the Norcold models? That being the case, when we pulled ours out, I was very impressed with the amount of mounting hardware inside the refrigerator cabinet (most of it in the lower wall). There was a bracket on each of the lower left and right rear, as well as a couple across the backside. There was another one at the top of the fridge. All of these bolt the MH to the actual fridge (and/or to another piece of hardware) and are pretty hefty steel. They could be culprits in creating the "loud rattle."

My hunch is that you have wind blowing in the lower (or upper, or both) outside vents and that is moving/vibrating some of that metal mounting hardware. If it is truly a "loud rattle" under the fridge then I don't think the rattle would be coming from the actual fridge -- the fridge components are lighter weight metal and many are covered with insulation -- not likely to make a "loud rattle" in my opinion.

I'd start by doing a poke-and-prod inspection from one/both of the two outside access points. I'd start with the lower access point and try to replicate the "loud rattle" with a poker of some kind. Make sure the MH is parked first, tho! LOL!

Here is a picture of what the back of my Norcold looks like (it's a 1201LRIM). Sorry that I don't have any pictures of the mounting hardware -- that's still in the MH holding in the new fridge!

Keep us posted on what you find!

\ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NorcoldRearC.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	82334  
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge