Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Leveling Jacks Dashboard Light

Hi! I'm new. This is my first post.

We are recently new owners of a 2007 Aspect 26A. It's substantially in great condition, with relatively low mileage for its age. We've only had to fix little issues here and there -- for example a missing drawer latch, a loose window valance, some loose screws, and a window shade whose cords got sucked inside the hem bar.

Anyways, one of the larger things we've realized is that the prior owner removed the leveling jacks alarm (as I understand would make sense given how annoying it can apparently be). The light that goes with same is still there and functional, but appears to somehow have been ripped from the hole on the dashboard that it's supposed to sit in. So, it's just floating back there behind the dash under the steering wheel. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be enough slack in the wiring that we can simply pull it to the hole and re-attach/re-insert it where it belongs.

Any thoughts on why this wire is no longer long enough?

(Disclaimer that I may have other questions relating to the leveling jack system as we learn and investigate it further -- but I'll put those in their own posts if/when we aren't able to figure things out on our own.)

Thanks in advance!

Tags
dash, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, light