Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH model AP29942 Jack Wont Work

I have a minnie winne 2003 with hwh 600 series (625 I think) and have been having constant trouble with levels not retracting or lowering properly. This week though the front driver side jack will not lower. Any Ideas what couls cause this when the others work?

rainbowdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would always first suggest making sure the fluid level is totally full as that can do wierd things at times.
But then I would suggest there is likely to be a problem with one or more of the solenoids which controls the fluid movement to /from the various jacks to move them up or down.

Of course it could be some electrical problem but the solenoids seem to get grit and grime in them and stop doing it right more often. That's where knowing which part and where to look needs good info.

I like to look online for the exact manual for things like jacks as some may have small differences in the way we want to troubleshoot problems and I never like to add any of those questions but get the best info I can find first.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some added info on why I lean toward it being a solenoid may help.
The jacks normally operate in pairs to avoid twisting the RV, so that means two jacks operate at the same time. When the keypad sends the elctrical signal, two solenoids should open to let the fluid go to both jacks.

When one doesn't work, I lean toward it being a solenoid not opening/closing as it should, but that is just a theory that needs more testing!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Common sequence of events for a solenoid failure in these HWH systems:
- Jack gets slow retracting due to some issue (sticky/swollen seal, dirty, etc.)
- Solenoid overheats due to longer retraction time
- Windings short out
- fuse blows (there's one for each jack)
- fix jack, replace solenoid.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

My 2004 Itasca Sunova leveling system is my problem. There are lights on the control panel that won’t turn off. The right front, left rear, right rear and ignition lights all stay on. The on/off button won’t work and is not lit. I started to try the left front jacks and it started to lower but I stopped since I can’t raise it for now.
Any ideas what and where to troubleshoot?
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 04:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I would start by “rebooting “ the jack system. It has fixed mine in the past. Just unscrew and pull the panel from the dash, remove the power connections for about 30 seconds, replace them and test.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 06:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary the Wombat View Post
I would start by “rebooting “ the jack system. It has fixed mine in the past. Just unscrew and pull the panel from the dash, remove the power connections for about 30 seconds, replace them and test.
An option may be to disconnect the battery terminal negative leads rather than to pull the panel. Probably the chassis battery, but I would disconnect both house & chassis to be sure.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 06:49 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1florida View Post
An option may be to disconnect the battery terminal negative leads rather than to pull the panel.
If you have an inverter be careful disconnecting the house bank negative cable only (or first if disconnecting both leads). Always disconnect the inverter positive from the house bank first. Disconnecting the battery negative first can destroy the inverter circuit board.

If you disconnect the negative first the inverter will look for ground anywhere it can find it and this can cause full RV ground to circulate through tiny traces on the circuit board destroying the board.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

So I was finally able to get around trouble shooting and found one of the fuses blew. So I replaced it and tried again and the fuse promptly blew. Whenever it tries to lower the jack the HWH system makes a noise like its stuck and can't push the level. This is when I think the fuse blew. Also I included some photos of the fuse panel hopefully that helps. Its the top right 15 amp blue fuse that keeps popping.
rainbowdino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh