Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fresh Water Drain Valve Location Itasca Horizon 36LD

I can’t find the fresh water drain valve location on my 2003 Itasca Horizon 36LD. The manual says that it is located above the valves for black and gray tanks with a picture of where it should be. It is not there and from what I can tell, it’s never been there. The plate that it’s supposed to be mounted on is solid and smooth. No hole for the valve to pass through. I can see where the drain comes out of the side of the freshwater tank and goes into the casing, but it doesn’t look like there’s any conduit there for a drain cable to pass through. Draining the tank with a low point drain. It’s a pretty long and tedious process. Any help would be appreciated.
BobnDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 11:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Bob & Donna,
I believe your manual has a misprint. When I look at the very last paragraph of page 7-7 and the very first picture shown on page 7-8, it appears that you should have twin water drain valves in the floor of the water center compartment. You should find your fresh water drain valves there.
-------------------------------------
The first written statement on page 7-8 says to "The fresh water tank drain valve is operating by pulling on a T-handle for a cable that is located in the waste dump valve compartment." I believe this statement to be in error, and is actually referencing the grey tank drain.
Perhaps Winnebago eliminated any connection to the fresh water tank within the waste dump valve compartment, but the reference in the manual remained?
-------------------------------------
I hope this helps.
Eagle5
Old 07-06-2023, 09:58 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The 2003 Horizon Operator Manual has the 1st pic (below) which appears to show the drain valve just to the left of the exterior shower valves (it also has another pic showing it above the black/gray dump valves, where you say it isn't).

Looking at the 2004 Horizon Operator Manual they show the 2nd pic (below) for the Fresh Water Drain Handle:

Perhaps one of these will match your setup?
Attached Images

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 05:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for taking the time to take a look. As it turns out, it is located in the center passenger side storage bay and attached to the ceiling. I was loading that bay today and sat down on the ground to rearrange some things and looked up and saw it. I never expected it there. I knew it had to be somewhere but just couldn’t find it. I did look in that bay but I didn’t get down on my hands and knees. Anyway, thank you for your help.
BobnDonna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fresh water, itasca, water