Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2024, 04:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Cruise Control, Etc 2006 Winnebago Journey

Hello fellow RVers! My wife and I recently purchased a 2006 Winnebago Journey with a C7 Cat. This is our 1st Pusher and we're quite excited about it! This motorhome has a little over 60k and 450 hours on the generator. It was purchased from a very nice couple. As nice as this couple was they didn't exactly know what was wrong with the coach, saying "It has no "Known" issues". If you were new to motorhomes that could be taken in a lot of different ways. However having grown up with parents who owned 3 different mh and this now being my 3rd, I knew better than to assume everything worked... However, this list of odds and ends is a bit longer than I would have hoped for, but nothing major so far, that can't be fixed or replaced. I'm the kind of person that wants things to work correctly. Take the Cruise control for example. It works,,, but only by turning it on and touching the Resume button. In this case the RES button sets and increases the speed. Pressing the Set button does absolutely nothing. The real killer is after setting the desired speed, there's no way to decrease the speed or shut the Cruise off to reset the memory. The Ignition key must be turned to the off position and then restart the vehicle in order to get a fresh start. I just can't live with that. Any and all suggestions are welcome for this fix, Thank you! Jerry
More to come...
JBorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I had problems with my CC and repair shops wanted to replace the entire turn signal stalk. I though, what the hey, got a can of contact cleaner safe for plactics and sprayed liberally into the opening around the stalk. After working the lever several time the turn signlals began working properly and the CC began to work once in a while.
After more spraying my CC works well except for when CC is on and I use my right turn signal, CC kicks off.
My auto mechanic said it's likely the clock spring, and my spraying cleaned up part of it that was towards that opening.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, journey