Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cable TV

Getting my 2016 Sunova 33C ready for full timing.

Last night I connected the coaxial for cable tv. My question is, is there a way to toggle between cable tv and antenna tv. The manual says there should be a "button" but I can’t find one.

Or must I change the setting each time on the tv menu. That process is burdensome.

I really think this is an easy fix that I must be over looking.

Suggestions
djmess01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

No buttons required except on your remote. (These are generic instructions) Using your TV remote, select MENU, then select SETUP. From there you need to select ANTENNA or CABLE and do a channel search. Before you start the channel scan for CABLE, make sure the OTA amplifier is turned off. There is a button and an indicator light on a plate with a single cable outlet on it. This will be mounted in your AV center (dependent on your coach). Light on = amp on for OTA TV.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

If you have a powered antenna, you may have a button on the TV/Antenna plate where the coax cable screws into at the wall. The button is very small and can be hard to find because it may blend into the plate. If you run you hand over the plate and around the coax connection, you will feel it (if you have one).

Good luck.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Unless there is some difference between the 15 and 16 model year Just by changing between Antenna and Cable you are still going to have to run the channel finder on the television menu to display the respective channels. Backing up one step do you have in the passenger seat overhead cabinet a long black box that has switches on it for each TV so you can change each one to have either Cable/Sat/Antenna? that is where you switch from Cable to OTA. Nonetheless every time you change it you still have to run the channel finder. I get around it somewhat by having a satellite dish which the output is on HDMI 1 and the OTA/Cable is on the Coax so I only have to switch the input from the remote to get satellite and then local channels. If the place you are at has local cable they most likely will have the local OTA channels on it. As electronic equipment may change from year to year describing what tv system you have would be helpful.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You may not have to run a channel scan unless you have moved to a new location. Many TVs will remember the channels from the previous scan. You will of course have to switch the input from one to the other. Both on the TV and at the switchbox.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmess01 View Post
Getting my 2016 Sunova 33C ready for full timing.

Last night I connected the coaxial for cable tv. My question is, is there a way to toggle between cable tv and antenna tv. The manual says there should be a "button" but I can’t find one.

Or must I change the setting each time on the tv menu. That process is burdensome.

I really think this is an easy fix that I must be over looking.

Suggestions
The only button you need to worry about is the on and off for the antenna amplifier. If left on the cable will come in fuzzy. Needs to be on for antenna and off for cable. Other than that it will depend on the TV how to go back and forth.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote