Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
Have some body know how to Remove the Sony Trinitron

My 2006 Winebago Journey 34' need a new TV, I'm trayng to remove it from the front, with no lack, any help will be apreciated, Nelsoncoco
__________________
Nelsoncoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Master
 
cbeierl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,288
Start by removing the little round covers over the screw head in the plastic surround under the TV. (You may want to cover the defroster vents with a towel so you don't lose anything down them.) The plastic surround is probably attached to the front wooden surround on the inside, so it won't come down until the wood does.

You should find a couple of screws inside each of the cabinets on either side of the TV that screw into the wooden surround of the TV. Remove those, being careful to support the surround as you remove the last screw. The plastic surround should come down with the wood.

The TV itself should be secured by a metal bracket/strap that secures it to the steel framework. You'll probably find a large bolt with a nut on each side that needs to be undone to free up the TV. Be careful--the TV is quite heavy and you probably should have two people to lift it down.
__________________
Chris Beierl

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master
 
cbeierl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,288
Btw, if you have the center speaker above the TV you'll need to pop the screen off that and remove the speaker before removing the surround.
__________________
Chris Beierl

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
cbeierl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,288
Here's a link to a thread describing my install of a new LED TV in my 2005 Vectra: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)
__________________
Chris Beierl

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner
 
mikf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Here's a link to a thread describing my install of a new LED TV in my 2005 Vectra: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)
Chris, on my 2002 Adventure I had a GE tv which had speakers above the couch and chair that switched between radio and tv. they plugged into the GE tv with a 3mm jack. I installed a Vizio just like yours and after reading the above link I took the back off of the GE and it had only 1 speaker. a yellow and white wire. I removed the wires and jack and transferred them to my Vizio. My question is does polarity make a difference? I put the white wire to white and yellow to black. the speakers work now, but I am not sure they are as loud as they used to be, but not sure if revesing the wires would help or safe. thanks for the info on the above link.
__________________
Mike S.E. Ohio
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master
 
cbeierl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
Chris, on my 2002 Adventure I had a GE tv which had speakers above the couch and chair that switched between radio and tv. they plugged into the GE tv with a 3mm jack. I installed a Vizio just like yours and after reading the above link I took the back off of the GE and it had only 1 speaker. a yellow and white wire. I removed the wires and jack and transferred them to my Vizio. My question is does polarity make a difference? I put the white wire to white and yellow to black. the speakers work now, but I am not sure they are as loud as they used to be, but not sure if revesing the wires would help or safe. thanks for the info on the above link.
With only 1 speaker it shouldn't matter which way the wires are connected. With two or more they all should be connected the same way.
__________________
Chris Beierl

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
mikf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Thanks Chris, I thought I had a 50-50 shot, but I guess I could not go wrong.
__________________
Mike S.E. Ohio
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper
 
cmpncrsaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36
Excellent Job! Chris! I'm glad you took the time to post it. I'm going to replace the trinitron this winter, and wouldn't have put that filter "wart" back in, that would have been a big mistake. Thanks!
__________________
John and Vicki,2004 Winne Vectra 350 Cummins, 10k lb Blu Ox tow bar , 04 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd toad
cmpncrsaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Master
 
SCVJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Clarita, CA.
Posts: 1,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsoncoco View Post
My 2006 Winebago Journey 34' need a new TV, I'm trayng to remove it from the front, with no lack, any help will be apreciated, Nelsoncoco
Been there, done it on the same coach. If these guys advice starts straying from what you have, let me know. I have pix of the internal frame and what I did as well.
__________________
_______________________________

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Master
 
cbeierl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikf View Post
Chris, on my 2002 Adventure I had a GE tv which had speakers above the couch and chair that switched between radio and tv. they plugged into the GE tv with a 3mm jack. I installed a Vizio just like yours and after reading the above link I took the back off of the GE and it had only 1 speaker. a yellow and white wire. I removed the wires and jack and transferred them to my Vizio. My question is does polarity make a difference? I put the white wire to white and yellow to black. the speakers work now, but I am not sure they are as loud as they used to be, but not sure if revesing the wires would help or safe. thanks for the info on the above link.
Btw, if your coach sound system is stereo (most probably) it would be better to connect each of the speakers in your new TV up to the sound system. It might take a bit of exploring to figure out how to hook it up, however. Does the plug that connects to the jack from the TV have two or three connectors? If three you should be in good shape--if only two you would need to trace the wiring back to where the mono lead connects to the stereo sound system and replace that with a stereo cable.
__________________
Chris Beierl

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner
 
mikf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Btw, if your coach sound system is stereo (most probably) it would be better to connect each of the speakers in your new TV up to the sound system. It might take a bit of exploring to figure out how to hook it up, however. Does the plug that connects to the jack from the TV have two or three connectors? If three you should be in good shape--if only two you would need to trace the wiring back to where the mono lead connects to the stereo sound system and replace that with a stereo cable.
Chris the plug that connects the jack to the tv only had 2 wires. they go to a small silver box behind the tv that says 3 amp on it. I do not see any speaker wire going to it. I do not think I have a true sound system. there are just 2 speakers, 1 above the couch and 1 above the chair. each has their own volume control at the speaker and can be switched from radio to tv. The GOOD news is after reading your post I was out poking around and looked at my old tv again, which only had one speaker and I realized that where I had cut my plug off was not original to the tv. it looks like a transformer. 2 wires coming from a ckt board and 2 wire to the speaker. I took it off wired it the same way to my new tv and I now have plenty of volume on my rear speakers. so now dw is happy again. Thanks
__________________
Mike S.E. Ohio
mikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #12
Winnebago Master
 
SCVJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Clarita, CA.
Posts: 1,111
Really?

On mine, the combo DVD/VCR is also a surround sound amp. I have mine hooked up that I can either feed DVD audio to the TV, or feed the amp through variable line level outputs from the TV. Next to fitting, that's the #1 thing to look for when shopping

It's good you found the transformer. Some folks toss em with the TV
__________________
_______________________________

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does 2005 SightSeer have CB Antenna? Do you know? Alfred622 Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 7 10-16-2005 04:14 PM
Do you like the 2005 Sightseer? I have some problems. Dave F Winnebago Class A Motorhomes 17 04-30-2005 05:43 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.