Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
And honestly, I'm not entirely sure what HAPS is.
To answer my own comment, I found HAPS is Hazardous Air Polluting Solvent .

Looks like both are intended for EPDM. Maybe it was ok it bubbled? Also, I should point out that I ordered one fan and installed it and liked it so much I ordered the second fan. That worked out fine other than the wait.
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
T Also, I should point out that I ordered one fan and installed it and liked it so much I ordered the second fan. That worked out fine other than the wait.
I was planning that anyway, just to see how the first goes!

Was it maybe too hot when you installed the leveler?
Old 06-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Not sure what I may have done wrong. It's almost like there was some off-gassing under the lap sealant causing it to bubble. I don't think the Butyl tape, which i also used was to blame, It was a 65 degree day in the sun--so I don't think temperature was the cause. Most of bubbles retracted back somewhat as it cured, but a few especially over the screw head remain high.
I've since had it rain several times, with no leaks so I'm just going to leave it as is with frequent inspections.
Still, I feel like i must have missed a step or used a wrong product. If the bubbles pop, I will just cut them open and fill them back with more sealant.
Micro1808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Maxair Fan Question

We love the idea of installing a Maxair Fan where our standard ceiling air vent is above our murphy bed in our 2108DS 2020. But our ceiling is different than what the photos posted show, so we were wondering if anyone had any thoughts about if an install will work with our different ceiling "layout" as shown in the attached photos.

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	ceiling1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	174154[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	celiing2.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	174153  
seredni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:18 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

My 2108DS (2018) does have a little different layout. Still, if you remove the trim on the existing vent you'll probably be able to see what's up there that might be in the way. I just ran speaker wires from the stereo to the bed ceiling, first look it didn't seem possible, but once I removed all the covers and grills on the ceiling, I found a route that worked. I'm thinking the same approach should work for you. I had my MaxAire installed by the dealer, he picked up power from the light next to it. We do like ours, its a great improvement!
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:55 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Wow...that does look quite a bit more tricky. When you remove the trim (it unscrews easily and can be put back easily) I think you'll find the 14" square is framed in wood...so you can't really see anything.

Looking at your photo, I see an air duct on either side and I think those are your LED ceiling lights further toward the TT sides, right? On the plus side, the ceiling framing goes side to side. The air ducts will get in the way, but I doubt they extend further forward than a few inches beyond the vents, so you are probably ok drilling a small hole in the side of the vent framing toward the target LED light so long as you make sure this hole is forward of the air duct.

The hard part will be fishing the wire. I'd get a fish tape from the electric dept of your home center rather than try to use a coat hanger or similar. Drill the hole a little extra big (maybe 1/2") and with the LED light removed and dangling, see if you can swish the fish tape back and forth over the hole. You'll need a second pair of eyes for that. If you can do that, you've got it. It's just a matter of catching the tape with a hook made of stiff wire. Persist and you'll get it. If you run into some obstruction or too much frustration, you can always put the LED light back in place and put the vent trim back on. No harm done.

Todd
Old 07-06-2020, 07:14 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

BTW, I shouldn't really discourage use of coat hanger wire or a length of some heavier solid core wire. The distance is only about 3 feet, but I think you are going to need to bend a little curve to it. Fish tape naturally has a curl to it as it's made of spring steel wrapped in a reel, but you can do the same with wire easily enough. Experiment a little and I bet you'll be successful.

You are going to love that fan when it's in place and working!

Todd
Old 08-12-2021, 08:23 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

followup

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm3ca View Post
Hi,
I am considering the electric MAXXFan deluxe for the front vent over the best in my 2018 1700BH.

Does anyone know if the LED light circuit has the required 12v 5amp capacity?
I realize many of you had the dealer install, however I suspect available power came up in the discussion?

Thanks in advance,
Ned.
Have same question. What did you find out?
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

I've had mine installed for quite some time and have yet to blow a fuse. I don't typically blast it at full speed (highest amps), but I have run it at full speed to run down my battery for testing. I'm pretty sure I turned all the lights on too. I doubt you are going to have a problem.

Hopefully your 2018 is similar to the 2019 for position of the closest light. It was really easy to wire it up. I haven't heard how difficult it is in the newer models where the lights are shifted away from the vent. Just trickier wire fishing, I imagine.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:52 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I just finished installing a Fantastic Fan (model 7350) in our 1708FB. No issues with removal of the non-powered vent in the dinette/kitchen area, installation, and wiring of the Fantastic Fan. I used Dicor self-leveling sealant on the roof.

Looking forward to air coming in the windows at night!
geewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:35 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
And here are those remaining 3 photos. The first is the dangling wires from the light being pulled out. The second and third are inside the ceiling. You can see my wire through the wood that surrounds the vent opening, and you can see the wires that Winnebago routed to the light. Those wires are heading over to the door on the street side.

Todd
Am I correct to assume there is power to the light (before light switch) at all times.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Am I correct to assume there is power to the light (before light switch) at all times.

I can confirm this is true for the 2019 2108DS. Not sure about other years and models. Mine only has a single light that is driven by the wall switch, and that's a different light than the one I wired the fan into.