Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vista 27PE

Hello all. We are newbies to motorhome camping. Wonder if anyone here has the new Vista 27PE and could share their experiences so far. We would be happy to do so also when we start using it.
Couple of quick questions:
1. Has anyone added side cameras DIY?
2. We noticing some Vista owners have added steering stabalizers and Sumo springs. Are there suspension problems?
3.Has anyone upraded the coach batteries?
Thanks in advance,
Andy
ExBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

All good questions. The F53 chassis can be quite different in handling from one to the next, depending on many factors - loading, tire pressure, alignment, etc. You should check your tire pressures according to loaded coach weight, referencing the tire manufactures charts. Drive it for a few hundred miles and see what you think it is doing. You may be satisfied.
Phil-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
Owner and Traveler

Haven't found a need to add/change any of those items yet. Did have it aligned and tires inflated to specs. Hardly notice trucks passing.

Found the skylight leaked pretty bad due to the sealant not sticking to the shiny surface. Also one of the HDMI cables to the dinette TV is out of commission.

Happy trails..
jcr5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Vista 27PE responses

Thank you both for the information.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi there ExBuckeye, We bought a Vista 27PE back in Dec 2017. Decided we don't really need the side cameras. No problems with the suspension. Seems to ride and handle well...better than our class C. Batteries seem to be holding up, but may upgrade if I decide to install a solar system. We had a ton of problems however. Mainly quality control issues by the manufacture. I still like the coach, but probably should have bought a used rental or something that had already gone through its growing pains. Hope you won't have issues. Happy travels, DaveS
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have the Vista 27N ,,,,, Our coach came with the side camera's,,,,and I really dont think they are all that helpfull. My screen is very hard to see during daylight hours without leaning over to veiw it. If the camera's were located at the very rear of the coach, that might be a different story, then they could be helpfull in determining rear end clearance.

Darryl
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Dave, after some use we decided the side cameras and suspension upgrades were unecessary . It rides fine and we are happy with everything so far. I also expected more quality control and workmanship from Winnebago.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:43 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2017 View and added all three of those items. Glad I did. Check out my albums.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:19 PM   #9
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

Hey folks,

2019 Winnibago 27PE;
Noticed today one of the bug screens in the small vertically sliding window in the dinette needs the foam/brush bug slder reinserted. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to remove the screen! I noticed a spring clip on the forward (right side facing out) of the screen but couldn't get either a dental pick or a small flat bladed screw driver into the channel to rempove the screen.

Any suggestions how I can remove the window screen - sure appreciate it..
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote