Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Brand New Class A Driver - next week

Hey All,
Brand new to the RV life. Taking delivery of an Intent 26M next Friday. Got just a smokin deal on it because it's a 2018. Mrs BDub has been wanting an RV for a couple of years so we can haul our doggies around with us on vacations.

I'm doing something no one here advocates I'm sure. I'm buying sight unseen. I'll do a full inspection and orientation on Friday and I guess sign everything then. I expect that as I find things, then the warranty will ensure I'm covered. I've put a couple thousand down and secured financing.

McClains RV has been super easy to do business with. Ive loved the experience so far.

Modifications are underway before I drive it off the lot:
I've ordered a Roadmaster RSSA and Sumosprings based on the research I've done, and am shipping those direct to the dealer to have them installed for me when I go to pick it up.
Also, since this is a 2018 I'm buying, I had them add in side view cameras (the Thor Freedom Traveller I test drove that had them sold me on 'needing' them. It's really more about confidence in visually verifying the side views I'm seeing in the mirrors.

Im flying from Lafayette to Dallas to pick it up, and I'll drive it home Friday afternoon/evening. It's about a 6 hour drive normally, so I'll take my time. By the time I pull into my driveway Friday night, I hope to have developed a solid feel for how to navigate this thing.

Building an Amazon shopping list for all the little things (like a black and grey water hose and a fresh water hose) that we'll need before embarking on our maiden voyage. Being a big Star Wars fan, I think there is no other choice but to dub this 'The Falcon'. Coloring is similar, and I hope she's got it where it counts!
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, driver, intent