Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
I unhooked from the shore power at a local campground,& drove home. Everything worked for the required drive; headlights, radio, ...everything. When I returned home ....no 12 volts anywhere in the living part of the coach. No inverter, lights, control center, waterpump & generator starter. I checked all the circuit breakers and all are OK. Is there a main fuse for the whole coach (not counting the driving section). It's as if the house batterys were gone.
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
I unhooked from the shore power at a local campground,& drove home. Everything worked for the required drive; headlights, radio, ...everything. When I returned home ....no 12 volts anywhere in the living part of the coach. No inverter, lights, control center, waterpump & generator starter. I checked all the circuit breakers and all are OK. Is there a main fuse for the whole coach (not counting the driving section). It's as if the house batterys were gone.
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master
 
AFChap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: ...hopefully on the road!
Posts: 1,558
Headlights, radio, etc work off the engine batteries. All 12v items in the living part (lights, etc and inverter) would be off the house batteries. I presume the 12v items worked in the campground when on shore power?

Did the master battery disconnect switch (normally by the entry door?) somehow get tripped? That would do what you describe. I don't know of anything else that would instantly kill those items except totally disconnecting the house batteries!

...unless the house batteries are dead/bad. You should be able to start the generator by holding down the "battery boost" switch. Mine is on the dash. You might have to continue holding it down for a minute or two after the generator starts to keep it running. If you can keep it running, see if you have any 12v lights inside while it is running. If so, it might be that your house batteries are bad and are not holding a charge.
__________________
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
MrTransistor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 504
Hi Karl,
Sounds like the Aux. Battery Disconnect switch may have been accidentally hit. Some coaches have the switch on the dash somewhere and others have it located by the entry steps. Ours is by the steps and gets pressed now and then.
__________________
Have Fun!! Mark & Donalda 04 Horizon 40WD no TOW 90,900+ miles and counting
Triumph Bonneville & Susuki S40 on the back
MrTransistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3
Thanks for all the help. I found an alternate power switch in the storage cabinet just to the rear of the door. It's a little high and not very visible. I must have hit it with a lawn chair I keep in there. Everything is fine. A handy switch though. Ever wonder if you may have left on a bathroom light, etc. No prob. Just flip that switch off and no worry. All is dead.Thanks again
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 222
That "disconnect switch" is a designed in feature which should be used when you store the MH for any length of time. Battery charging from shore power and/or solar will still work, so use it often and it will save your batteries.
Frank O.
__________________
2006 Itasca Sunrise 35A
Niwot, Colorado
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
Fossilhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howell, New Jersey
Posts: 165
Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I just picked my RV up from the shop last week and everything inside was dead. Seems the tech left the Aux on/off switch ON when they were done working. Was a scary thing at first. Luckily the batteries charged right up overnight when I got home.
__________________
Tim ,Retired Police Lt. 2002 Winnebago Adventurer+16' Trailer
Harley Road King and Heritage Classic+,Trik-L-start,Hughes Autoformer. Blue Tick Coon hound
Fossilhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
House battery voltage GAVERY Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 11 02-27-2011 01:59 PM
How low is OK, Battery voltage oldpa Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 16 01-08-2009 12:52 PM
High A/C voltage -- inverter RRT2 Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics 6 11-21-2008 02:04 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.