Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

OK, guys. Great advice. Now - tell me where this transfer switch is on my 2012 Ellipse? Should be same as Tour. I hear it click when I plug in, but have never seen it!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:52 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

It's at the end of your Powe cord in the coach.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertman View Post
OK, guys. Great advice. Now - tell me where this transfer switch is on my 2012 Ellipse? Should be same as Tour. I hear it click when I plug in, but have never seen it!
Do you have the power real option? If so, look for the big black cord coming out of the storage tub and follow it to a silver box. There are three cables coming out of it. This is the transfer switch.

CATION WILL ROBERTSON! The generator circuit breaker should be off and the shore cord disconnected (or breaker off) before opening the transfer switch box and working on it. This is the safest way.

I have found that in some cases the Allen head screws holding the wires in place will feel tight but not be securing the wire. Backing the screw out a little to get it loose and then 'feeling' it as you turn it tight works most of the time. You can also get some electrical anti-seize or no-ox grease from the electrical dept of your favorite home improvement store. Use very sparingly on the wire and screw.

Any wires that are blackened or the insulation is brittle must be corrected by cutting the bad area off and reconnecting the fresh wire. This sounds simple but is not always that easy. These wires are big, stiff and well secured to the transfer switch and side wall. The outer jacket is tough and caution must be used not to damage the insulation of the wires when freeing them from the outer covering.

I am just waking up. I hope I am making sense to you. Keep on asking. You will keep on getting answers. I hope we are all helpful.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Lost shore power during night. Getting generator power. Any remedies? Who makes TS? Going to Winnebago rally 21 - 25 July. Perhaps supplier will be there.

Dave Teal
daveteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveteal View Post
Lost shore power during night. Getting generator power. Any remedies? Who makes TS? Going to Winnebago rally 21 - 25 July. Perhaps supplier will be there.

Dave Teal
Hi Dave. If no one said welcome to the forum, may I now do so. WELCOME!

Please give us a little more info. Is the pedestal dead or is the failure in the coach? What year and model is your rig?

FYI: If you look under the irv2 title box at the top of the page you will see a white box below it. At the bottom left of this box is User CP. Click on it and go to your users page. Post a signature, as I have, that lets us know a bit more about your equipment, and you if you choose.

Rick Y

Tags
winnebago, electrical