Old 03-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Who says 13 year old threads shouldn't be used? I followed the steps in post #9 from 2006 and now my door latch works! Although I was able to use a standard 1/4" drive socket, not deep, not thin wall.
Not so fast. Got locked out several times again in the last few days. I think I independently found the solution, and afterwards I reread back a few posts and found Rogerlee's #38 was spot on. The lever that the outside paddle handle uses to push against the lever the inside handle uses was just catching the end of the lever, and when it missed, the outside handle would just pull out and do nothing. Just grabbed the first lever with some channel locks and bent it up a quarter inch. So far, so good. Still had to follow #9 to make sure it worked properly.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

I used the same method as the previous poster (CJ7ole). I have been reaching through the side window to grab the inside handle for over a year!! Post #9 did not work for me either. Thanks to everyone on this site for your help.
rklyon is offline   Reply With Quote