Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
Site Team

Verify Your Forum Account Info - Site Updates Soon

In the coming weeks, we will be moving towards a simpler login using your email address (which is private) and password but first we want to make sure the address associated with your account is accurate.

Next week we will be prompting all forum members to verify their contact email as they login to the forum.

Many members have ancient e-mail addresses associated with their current accounts and so next week as you login we will ask you to affirm your email address is correct or to update it. If you need to update your email address please follow the prompts and then check your inbox for a confirmation email to your new address. If you are updating your e-mail address, there is a link in that email you will need to click to complete the process. You can then proceed as usual to login with your current user/pass information.

Once members have had time to verify existing addresses (or update them if needed) we will make the change to logging in with that address (a few weeks from now). We appreciate your patience as we go through this process.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

They switched over JaycoOwners a few months ago and an email address is now a required "username" login.
However your screen name remains the same.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thanks to the "site team" for telling us about this in advance. I tend to resist learning much about the workings of the computer world and as such, I am very slow to accept some of the "invitations" I get to make changes on my logins!!! Cynical, paranoid, and almost afraid to accept some changes!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Just checked mine and it's up to date. Good to go.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Email Address

My email address is up to date and I get emails quite frequently from this site.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The same thing was required a week or two ago on the Forest River Forum. It’s a second layer security thing.
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Login check

Had to update mine. Thanks for the heads up
Roadrunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:44 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

It also facilitates creating a verified/active email address list. Every member's email will eventually have to be current, and active, in order to log in, if I understand the (future) stated purpose?
The current login procedure couldn't be any simpler. What does a member's email address have to do with it, except after the initial registration process? You register, you create a unique username and password, you log in with them. What could be simpler?
Sorry, but I'm not following the logic behind this.....
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

The logic is for members to have 1 sign-on for all the Social Knowledge sites/forums to which they belong. Many members have accounts at more than 1 site/forum and many of them are not the same user name (i.e. their user name they had at one site was already in use by another member at another site so they had to create a new user name). So the member has to remember what user name at what site/forum to be able to log in.

Remembering your email is much easier that trying to remember 2,3,4 or more user names (been there/forgot that). 1 email + your password will get you logged into all the Social Knowledge sites/forums where you have an account.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Most people use browsers to access the web. That includes chat forums, like winnieowners.com .
Most browsers have built in software to remember userid/password info for sites that require a userid/password. The first time you log in, just tell the browser to save the userid/password indo, and most can also fill it in next time you log into the same site. Now that's simplicity.
That said, you'll still need a discrete "nickname" of some sort when you get logged in, unless you're suggesting that a person's email will become their "nickname"?
Why force people to change something that probably already works for them (effortlessly)?
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:56 AM   #11
" Winnie Nutt "

Janet H , how do I change my posting name to something besides my account name ? When I joined the Winnie Owners site I missed how you you can use a " Nickname " instead of my account name .
Buddy’s RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. G. Lewis View Post
Janet H , how do I change my posting name to something besides my account name ? When I joined the Winnie Owners site I missed how you you can use a " Nickname " instead of my account name .
Send me a Pm with your preferred username and I can change it for you. Alternatively you can hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach the help desk and get some help there.

Tags
forum